Forum

Author Topic: Network processing issues  (Read 2699 times)

Jamin

• View Profile
Network processing issues
« on: July 19, 2021, 01:53:52 AM »
I followed the instructions at https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000145918-how-to-configure-the-network-processing and was able to get both of my nodes connected to my server. I've tried it both with the server running on one of the nodes as well as using a separate, third system as the server host. The issue is the same both ways:

Whichever node connects to the server instance first is the only one that gets handed any work. The second node to connect doesn't process any data whatsoever.  In the network monitor the test project lists multiple nodes but only ever indicates one in use (example in the Nodes column: 1/4). Even after disconnecting the first node, the second node to connect to the server is not given any work.

I am able to make the other node do the work only by stopping the server instance completely and starting over, making sure that the other node is started first.

What am I missing?

Thank you.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Network processing issues
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 02:01:31 AM »
Hello Jamin,

Can you please check, if both nodes have same version of Metashape installed? You should be able to see that via Agisoft Network Monitor utility, when connected to the server.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Jamin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 02:27:34 AM »
Good call, it was not the exact same version. It's working now, thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 04:48:29 PM »
Hello Jamin,

Good to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Each task in the batch will be assigned to Metashape version related to the first node assigned to this task. After that only nodes with the same version installed may continue working on the given task. It has been implemented to avoid version mismatch issues, but provide the possibility to use nodes with different Metashape versions.

Version number assigned to the current task can be checked in the upper frame of Agisoft Network Monitor dialog, which contains the list of batches.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC