Forum

Author Topic: volume measurement without gcps  (Read 1587 times)

Apavlicek

• View Profile
volume measurement without gcps
« on: July 19, 2021, 08:35:50 PM »
Is it possible to measure volume without using gcps. The photos of the stockpile were collected with a dji phantom 4pro. Is there a workflow that will allow you to measure a stockpile without using gcps?  Ive never used agisoft to measure volume before and i wanted to compare the difference with and without gcps. I have been unable to make it work yet though. The dem has already been created for the model without gcps. When i attempt to measure the shape in the dem only planar and profile are available. The volume button is grayed out and i can click it.

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: volume measurement without gcps
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 09:31:29 PM »
AS ong as your project is georeferenced then it will be possible to measure the volume... as you can see I put a shape on DEM for a project without GCP only referenced with camera center GPS coordinates and volume can be measured....of course it may not be as precise as with GCPs, but if model  is correctly leveled and scaled  then difference should not be very big...

Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Apavlicek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 09:51:37 PM »
Thank you for the reply. Maybe im selecting the wrong option during the workflow to create the dem. Im unable to click on the volume button.  it is greyed out like it isnt available

Apavlicek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 10:02:32 PM »
I got it figured out. I was drawing a polyline instead of a polygon around the object. thanks again