Forum

Author Topic: Why doesnt deletion of dense cloud item see it gone in model shaded ?  (Read 1542 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Hi,
photos of a tractor wheel, other tractors, grass, parts of its own tractor, all unwanted in the photos, align photos to see if I need to mask it all out, and impressively and  jolly good I have a point cloud, I see the wheel, along with points scattered around it of those other items, select (pink) and delete the points that are nothing to do with the wheel, then create dense cloud, I see more areas now including grass at base of wheel, so select and delete that, then generate model, and that grass is back again. yet view dense cloud and its gone, why and how can it be there in model ?

Steve

James

• View Profile
Re: Why doesnt deletion of dense cloud item see it gone in model shaded ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 12:12:01 PM »
could be that you built mesh using depth maps as source, rather than dense cloud?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 01:28:22 PM »
Hello Steve,

Removal of the tie points wouldn't have a direct effect on the depth maps generated afterwards. Tie points are used to identify the overlapping image pairs, but are not a source for the depth maps generation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 05:55:12 PM »
Hi James and Alexey.

I see I used depth maps (as it was offered as default) rather than dense cloud, so now I create another selecting dense cloud, the result is without the rectangle of grass area, and without any colour, as I normally end up with a coloured model. Its pale purple.

How do I get a coloured model without the grass the wheel is on ?

Alexey, tie points, these are points on screen indicating where same points in different pictures are tied together, am I right in saying they are the points (coloured) we get after align photos ?

I could only see the grass after dense cloud was created, and deleting it in that stage didnt stop it appearing in build mesh using depth maps. Is there no way to use depth maps and have the grass not appear ?

I also read an article on Deep3D
https://deep3d.co.uk/2019/02/15/mesh-it-up-depth-maps-vs-dense-cloud/
which says Depth Maps appear to give more detail, it worked better on thin pipes, so I like the sound of that as my subjects are like his, so if I align photos then create mesh from depth maps., skipping the dense cloud stage, how do I remove the grass and unwanted background items ?

Steve
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 04:06:42 PM by Steve003 »