Forum

Author Topic: RedEdge-M: changing the master band for camera alignment  (Read 2700 times)

ps10

• View Profile
RedEdge-M: changing the master band for camera alignment
« on: August 26, 2021, 05:31:31 AM »
Hi all,

My question is about changing the master band for calibration and alignment of multispectral imagery. I have seen other Forum posts on this topic but this issue has not been covered.

I am working with Micasense RedEdge-M data, and selected multi-camera system to add photos. I want to use the NIR band as the master band (and primary channel) and update the positions for these cameras based on post-processing. I have set NIR as master under Camera Calibration. I imported updated positions (Import Reference) for the NIR cameras (IMG*_4). But only the lowest wavelength (IMG*_1 corresponding to Blue band) cameras are displayed under Workspace and Reference.  To confirm that the NIR positions were updated and that the NIR sensor is being used as the master, I ‘Exported Cameras’. In the xml in the <sensors> section, the master_id points to NIR sensor. However, under the <cameras>, master_id is the id of the IMG*_1 cameras (default Blue band). 

I tried updating layer indices (under Camera Calibration – Bands) so NIR is 0 but that does not seem to influence this. Appreciate any suggestions on updating the master band used for calibration and camera alignment.
Also, is there any documentation on interpreting the tags in the xml generated on Export Cameras? Please let me know if additional information will help.

Thanks.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: RedEdge-M: changing the master band for camera alignment
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 05:38:09 PM »
Hello ps10,

Can you please post here the sections of XML files exported with default (Blue band) master sensor and with NIR band master?
Sensors section and a groups of 5 camera sections would be sufficient.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ps10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 02:08:01 AM »
Hi Alexey,
Thanks for looking into this. Please find sections of XML attached for default Blue band and NIR as Master. As expected, in both cases, there is no <rotation> tag for the master sensor. However, the Blue band cameras are always enabled in the Reference as the master. I am trying to make sure that the updated NIR positions take effect as the master cameras. Do let me know if any other details will help.
Thanks
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 02:18:45 AM by ps10 »

ps10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 04:59:00 AM »
Hello Alexey,
Did you have a chance to look at the xml sections I had attached? Appreciate any suggestions on what I could test.

Thanks

DriesR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 11:43:09 AM »
+1 Would also be interested to see how this can be done via API

ps10

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 02:11:41 AM »
Hi,

These were the suggested steps from Agisoft Support:
- Rename image folders (containing images for each sensor) so that your intended master band images are in a folder named "1". For example, rename NIR folder as 1. Set the order of other bands as you like.
- When adding images, use 'Create sensor from each subfolder'. After uploading images NIR channel will be the main one.

Hope this helps.

-Poornima