Forum

Author Topic: Ipad Lidar Data  (Read 1885 times)

Gibs21

• View Profile
Ipad Lidar Data
« on: September 02, 2021, 09:55:44 AM »
Hello together,

I am currently looking into using the iPad and its Lidar Sensor for a few tasks in my work life.
One of those is to quickly Scan Earth Mounds and get a Volume calculation out of it while I´m out and about.

Question number one would be: Is there a way (now or planned) to use Agisoft on an iPad and get that sort of calculation?
Question number two is: I´ve tried to load in my files from the Lidar Scans into Agisoft to make that calculation on my PC but so far I´m too stupid to figure out how to do that.
Everytime I use the obj FIle I can see my textured model but can´t seem to do anything with it in regards to calculatios or processing and if I load a point cloud with an e57 or las File it´s as if I didn´t import anything and won´t let me run any processing.
What am I doing wrong? In what order do I have to process my data to be able to make a volume calculation?

Help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Gibs21

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: Ipad Lidar Data
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 10:24:09 AM »
Hi Gibs21,

it seems that volume calculation must be done from a DEM with a shape delimiting the area for volume calculation.... So if you import an obj file into Metashape, you should from the resulting mesh or  model, generate a DEM using Mesh as source...

This should get you started.....
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

SAV

• View Profile
Re: Ipad Lidar Data
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 10:56:01 AM »
Hi Gibs21,

Import your LiDAR point clouds into CloudCompare (free & open source) and then use the 2.5D Volume tool to compute the volume.

More details here:
https://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/index.php?title=2.5D_Volume

Best regards,
SAV