Forum

Author Topic: Accuracy in Reference Geotagged images  (Read 1772 times)

vdelpuerto

• View Profile
Accuracy in Reference Geotagged images
« on: September 04, 2021, 05:15:47 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I am an ebee plus user and I never had any issues after exporting and aligning my geotagged images from PPK process in Emotion 3 (attach image with the accuracy in cm levels).

Now I started to use WingtraOne Gen II, but the results are very different. I geotagged the images with the ppk process in Wingtrahub, the exported and aligned them in Agisoft, but the accuracy marks 10 m in general, giving a general result of 1.6 m accuracy!!

Do you know why this could be? According the report in Wingtra Hub the ppk proccess end result is 0.03 m.

MaciekK

• View Profile
Re: Accuracy in Reference Geotagged images
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 07:27:24 PM »
vdelpuerto,
set the accuracy to 0.03m and do the optimization.
MK

vdelpuerto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 08:10:32 PM »
Hi MK! Do you know why this should be done manually and not automatic like with ebee output?

MaciekK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 09:56:31 PM »
Hi,
You probably have accuracy recorded in the emotion file, while wingtra only gives you coordinates. However, I would not count that the addition of determining the camera coordinate would be better than 2-3 cm, even though the file has an accuracy of about 1 cm
MK

Costas

• Aerial Mapping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 01:45:35 PM »
1) When you PPK geotag pictures in WingtraHub choose the option to export in .CSV format.
This way you will not have duplicate pictures and reserve a lot of space.

2) Import the photos in Metashape

3) Go to "Reference Panel" and choose the "Import Reference button" (pic.1)

4) Choose the .csv file located in "Output" folder and adjust the Columns to correspond the ones in your .csv file. (pic.2)
Note: for the horizontal accuracy both (Easting-Northing, Lat-Long, etc) must take values from the same column and Altitude must take the value for the accuracy Vertical.

5) Procced with your workflow.
Accuracies will be shown as expected. (pic.3)