Forum

Author Topic: Camera and Point Cloud Export into the same coordinate system  (Read 1273 times)

laxnpander

• View Profile
Camera and Point Cloud Export into the same coordinate system
« on: September 15, 2021, 10:55:51 AM »
Hey hey,

I am currently trying to use Metashape 1.7.3 for a research project. For that I need the camera poses (R | t) and the dense cloud in the same coordinate system. I export the cameras into the agisoft XML and the dense cloud into PLY. After scanning all relevant threads here in the forum I understand that each pose T_cam = (R | t) must be multiplied with the chunk transformation T_chunk like T = T_cam * T_chunk to get my real pose in the same coordinate system as my dense cloud . However, something about that is still fishy, because they don't nearly agree with the Omega Kappa Phi export.

Then I thought, okay use the Omega Kappa Phi export. But these camera poses also don't seem to be located in the same coordinate system as the dense cloud. I am really confused by what camera pose I actually get from which export and how to achieve what I want. My subsequent algorithms all work fine with colmap and other tools, but metashape poses + pointcloud just don't seem to align. What do I do wrong?

Best regards,

Alex

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Camera and Point Cloud Export into the same coordinate system
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 09:01:27 PM »
Hello Alex,

Which coordinate system you are choosing to export the dense cloud (and to have the camera locations to be in)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC