Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 1.8.0 pre-release  (Read 37262 times)

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.8.0 pre-release
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2021, 01:59:16 AM »
Version 1.8.0 (build 13597) mesh better results than 1.7.4 on this model:

Yes it's a total crap-shoot. Some are better and others are worst.  :o :'( I can't find any logic as to why it's acting like that.

Mak

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2021, 02:02:43 AM »
I ran Batch Process - Build Mesh on 2 chunks. On one of the chunks it created mesh outside the bounding box.
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2021, 09:27:40 PM »
Hello Bill,

I cannot reproduce the problem on our side, can you please send this chunk as PSZ project to support@agisoft.com?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bisenberger

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2021, 04:46:36 AM »
Hello Bill,

I cannot reproduce the problem on our side, can you please send this chunk as PSZ project to support@agisoft.com?

I just zipped up the whole project and emailed a link since it was so small. Let me know if you have problems downloading.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2021, 01:34:13 PM »
Hello Bill,

Thank you for sending the project, it helped to find the bug in Batch Process, it will be fixed in the next version update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2021, 08:23:59 PM »
I don't know if this is the same issue as the Batch bug reported above, but I have noticed that if I am processing multiple Chunks in a single Batch, the first Chuck works fine, but the meshes on the remaining Chunks tend to be malformed.  For example, attached are two screenshots of Chunk #2.  The first shows the malformed mesh that was created during the Batch.  However, if I simply build the Mesh again manually I get the correct results as shown in the 2nd screenshot.

In this particular instance I had 4 chunks in the Batch.  The first was fine, but the other 3 were completely malformed.

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2021, 09:22:48 PM »
Also, I get error messages and failures on some Chunks during a batch.  In that last example, the 4th Chunk will always fail to generate a mesh when using Batch.  I get "Error: Operation not applicable" and "Error: Null model" towards the end of the batch on that.  But as always, just doing it by hand works perfectly fine.  It only fails during a Batch.

wojtek

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2021, 12:04:24 PM »
Also, I get error messages and failures on some Chunks during a batch.  In that last example, the 4th Chunk will always fail to generate a mesh when using Batch.  I get "Error: Operation not applicable" and "Error: Null model" towards the end of the batch on that.  But as always, just doing it by hand works perfectly fine.  It only fails during a Batch.

Been getting the same, first model is good but the latter ones are partially or completely empty. This seems to do only with the Mesh Generation step as the depth maps produced are fine.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2021, 07:48:18 PM »
Hello,

Can you please check, if the issue with the Batch Process mesh generation is resolved in the latest pre-release build (13706)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

wojtek

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2021, 04:25:32 PM »
Hello,

Can you please check, if the issue with the Batch Process mesh generation is resolved in the latest pre-release build (13706)?

Don't know about Batch mode yet but this build did fix a crash I had with Depth Map generation step.  8)

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2021, 04:31:26 PM »
Last night I did a test with 3 chunks in a batch and it seemed to work properly.  I’ll try more today to confirm.

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2021, 06:08:42 PM »
The Changelog hasn't been updated for the latest build ?

Mak

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2021, 08:37:02 PM »
Just did another small Batch test on a 2 Chunks and it seems to have worked correctly.  The only annoying issue I'm still seeing is that if I leave the room my Mac will go to sleep after 15 minutes and this cause the Batch to pause.  Metashape should be calling UpdateSystemActivity(OverallAct); every few seconds to prevent the Mac from going to sleep while it's working.  Otherwise, I have to keep moving the mouse to prevent the Mac from dozing off and pausing Metashape.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 08:42:07 PM by bgreenstone »

bisenberger

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2021, 08:44:15 PM »
So far the batch is working for me.
 More testing later.  :)

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2021, 11:31:12 PM »
Ok, something I've never seen happen before just happened.  I was creating a new Chunk from 64 JPEG files that I shot with my iPhone 13.  For some reason it decided that these photos were multilayer files (I didn't think JPEGs could be multilayer), so it bought up a dialog box asking if I wanted to add 128 cameras to one chunk or create 64 chunks with 2 cameras each.  Bizarre.

When I loaded them in each JPEG showed as the normal color photo along with a black and white version of it.  I have no idea what that black and white version is.

So, then I ran 1.7.3 to see if the same thing happened there and it did not.  It just loaded the JPEGs normally.

Any ideas?

-Brian