Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 1.8.0 pre-release  (Read 37272 times)

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.8.0 pre-release
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2021, 01:00:09 AM »
Hi bgreenstonae,

is this a camera with depth sensor? which stores depth map along with image....? Maybe look at following tutorial https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000162212-smart-cameras-with-depth-sensor-data-processing to see if you can import thee special images  using Import Laser Scans .... command.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 01:08:34 AM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2021, 01:04:24 AM »
Hi bgreenstonae,

is this a depth map camera? which stores depth map along with image....? Maybe look at following tutorial https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000162212-smart-cameras-with-depth-sensor-data-processing to see if you can import thee special images  using Import Laser Scans .... command.

Ah, this may be the case.  I only recently got my iPhone 13 and most of my scans were from photos using the flash.  This set of JPEGs were shot without a flash, so I guess it embedded some depth info in there.

But how do I tell Metashape to ignore that data?  I didn't see a way to do anything other than import all of it and then manually delete all of the black & white depth images.

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2021, 01:11:32 AM »
Try following the tutorial and using Import Laser scans to import the images to the chunk... You should get the rgb images along with the depth maps which can be useful for building model, dem,....
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2021, 01:30:42 AM »
Try following the tutorial and using Import Laser scans to import the images to the chunk... You should get the rgb images along with the depth maps which can be useful for building model, dem,....

I'm not seeing an Import Laser Scan option in the File menu as that web page says.  Looked everywhere and I don't see how to do it.  Normally, I just drag & drop the folder of JPEGs onto the Chunk.

-Brian

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2021, 01:43:26 AM »
What version are u using? Pro? or Standard...If Pro you should have Import Laser Scans... from File/Import menu....

However, the depth sensor applies only to the front camera (selfies)...If you used the back camera then it could be dual and taking 2 images per click....
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2021, 02:30:00 AM »
I’m using Standard.  Sounds like this could be a bug with it since there’s no way to prevent it from doing this.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2021, 03:09:54 PM »
Hello Brian,

Please send an example of such image to support@agisoft.com or publish a download link for such image here.

It looks more like you have R-JPEG images. In such case you should choose the first option and then remove every second image (depth data with [2] suffix in the camera label) in the chunk prior to the data processing.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 03:13:46 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2021, 04:50:51 PM »
Alexy,

It appears that *any* photo I take with an iPhone 13 with the flash *Off* causes this.  I just took several random photos of an object as a quick test and it immediately gave me the same issue.  Here are the test photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb9jiws07que2fs/iphone13.zip?dl=0

It seems that the iPhone 13 automatically embeds depth information in all JPEG's as long as the flash is turned off, and Metashape 1.9 Basic doesn't have a simple way to ignore that information.

Thanks,

-Brian

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2021, 06:39:04 PM »
Hello Brian,

Thank you for sharing sample data, we'll check what can be done on this matter. It seems that this additional page in the image is related to a kind of gain map (meta data contains HDRGainMap tag).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2021, 11:03:53 PM »
Another new anomaly has started happening a few days ago.  Suddenly, almost 100% of my scans have incorrect sparse clouds and meshes.  What happens is I get an "echo" of the scan in the resulting data.  Difficult to explain, and I have not been keeping the bad ones to show you, but next time it happens I'll upload a photo and samples.

After a few hours of experimenting I believe I have found the problem to be with Generic Preselection because as long as I have that OFF it works fine, but with it ON I'm getting these garbled scans almost every time.  The strange thing is that this only suddenly started happening.  I've always used Generic Preselection and it was working fine until maybe 4 days ago.  Nothing else changed here - no change in other settings, and nothing particularly different about the photos I'm scanning.

Anyway, just a head's up on that.  I'll send samples later.

-Brian

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2021, 11:46:47 PM »
Here's an example of what I'm now getting almost 100% of the time when using Generic Preselection.  I have uploaded the test files and the batch.xml here:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vq9871ija9we1r4/AADT5ajSgePUN1A-e5X9xpNJa?dl=0

In the screenshots you can see what looks like a flap going diagonally thru the main part of the scan.  Sometimes it's diagonal like that, while other times it's almost parallel.  If I run this exact same test through 1.7.3 with Generic Preselection it works fine, but on 1.8 it does this.  Turn off Generic Preselection and it comes out fine.

Like I said before, this just started doing it a few days ago.  I never had this happen with 1.9 using this same Batch previously.

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2021, 02:07:51 AM »
Hi Brian,

I processed your 55 image data set with latest 1.8 pre relaease using Generic preselection and did not get any problem withresulting 3d model see screen copy

I used following processing parameters:
Code: [Select]
Processing Parameters
General
Cameras 55
Aligned cameras 55
Markers 2
Scale bars 1
Coordinate system WGS 84 (EPSG::4326)
Rotation angles Yaw, Pitch, Roll
Point Cloud
Points 38,324 of 105,044
RMS reprojection error 0.137578 (0.446816 pix)
Max reprojection error 0.436883 (2.48347 pix)
Mean key point size 3.14795 pix
Point colors 3 bands, uint8
Key points No
Average tie point multiplicity 2.58216
Alignment parameters
Accuracy High
Generic preselection Yes
Reference preselection No
Key point limit 30,000
Key point limit per Mpx 1,500
Tie point limit 7,000
Exclude stationary tie points No
Guided image matching No
Adaptive camera model fitting Yes
Matching time 7 minutes 8 seconds
Matching memory usage 382.07 MB
Alignment time 2 minutes 7 seconds
Alignment memory usage 140.56 MB
Optimization parameters
Parameters f, cx, cy, k1, k2, p1, p2
Adaptive camera model fitting No
Optimization time 8 seconds
Date created 2021:12:26 21:21:23
Software version 1.8.0.13736
File size 7.39 MB
Depth Maps
Count 55
Depth maps generation parameters
Quality Medium
Filtering mode Mild
Max neighbors 16
Processing time 23 minutes 2 seconds
File size 51.64 MB
Model
Faces 53,745
Vertices 27,403
Vertex colors 3 bands, uint8
Texture 8,196 x 8,196, 4 bands, uint8
Depth maps generation parameters
Quality Medium
Filtering mode Mild
Max neighbors 16
Processing time 23 minutes 2 seconds
Reconstruction parameters
Surface type Arbitrary
Source data Depth maps
Interpolation Enabled
Strict volumetric masks No
Processing time 2 minutes 14 seconds
Memory usage 742.79 MB
Texturing parameters
Mapping mode Generic
Blending mode Mosaic
Texture size 8,196
Enable hole filling Yes
Enable ghosting filter No
UV mapping time 1 minutes 18 seconds
UV mapping memory usage 150.70 MB
Blending time 5 minutes 12 seconds
Blending memory usage 4.06 GB
Date created 2021:12:26 22:25:30
Software version 1.8.0.13736
File size 77.86 MB
System
Software name Agisoft Metashape Professional
Software version 1.8.0 build 13736
OS Windows 64 bit
RAM 15.95 GB
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
GPU(s) GeForce GTX 670MX

Note that you used  a digital zoom ratio of 2. For best photogrammetric processing, it is advised to not use or turn off digital zoom during image capture...

Update: the correct model was produced without batch processing. With batch process, I do get a completely distorted model as u did, See 2nd attachement. So definitely there is a problem with batch process in 1.8....it seems to be at the texture generation phase as the solid model seems Ok.
3rd attachment shows model with distances from Camera center to image center projection to model (red lines). It does seem that a digital zoom of 2 was used...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 07:47:45 AM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2021, 03:25:39 AM »
Thanks, Paul.  Actually there's no digital Zoom.  That 2x is a bug that I reported a while back.  It seems if you use any of the Zoom lenses on an iPhone it gets reported as 2x (even though my iPhone 13 is 3x).

It's interesting that it worked for you because like I said before, everything was working fine until just a few days ago.  It's like something broke that's causing this, but I don't know what.  I suppose I could delete everything and reinstall it, however, I'm not entirely sure where Metashape stores all of its settings and such.

-Brian

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2021, 03:51:27 AM »
Yes Brian,

it seems to be a bug at the Build Texture phase of batch process as shown in my previous post 2nd attachement....as my first model (correct) was produced without using batch....

By the way, what was about the average distance to your object while taking photos?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 03:56:05 AM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2021, 04:13:40 AM »
I think most shots were maybe 2-3’ away.  Why?