Forum

Author Topic: Adaptive camera model or calibration groups  (Read 9269 times)

pbourke

• View Profile
    • Personal/professional web site
Adaptive camera model or calibration groups
« on: September 20, 2021, 05:40:44 AM »
I have a large scale drone survey with two different drones.
Is it better to manually split into two camera calibration groups or use the "Adaptive camera model fitting" during alignment?
Does it make any difference?
Photographic reconstruction portfolio
http://paulbourke.net/reconstruction/portfolio/

c-r-o-n-o-s

• View Profile
Re: Adaptive camera model or calibration groups
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 10:07:59 AM »
...split in two. That is for sure.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 06:57:01 PM »
Hello Paul,

adaptive fitting option just allows for Metashape to decide automatically, which interior orientation parameters should be adjusted within each calibration group, but those parameters will be applied for all the cameras in the calibration group at once. So for different drones/cameras it's much better to split the calibration groups accordingly.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 02:59:36 AM »
How do you calibrate groups separately?

I have some photos flown at 15 meters per second speed and some at 5 meters per second so I want different rolling shutter correction.

I have them in two different groups. But there seems to be no method to set different calibration. In the Camera Calibration dialog I can only split the group so each camera is its own group

James

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 12:02:42 PM »
In the lower right of the 'Camera Calibration' window is a list of all the photos in each group. You can select the photos you want to move to a new group, right click and select 'Create Group'.

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 03:19:46 AM »
In the lower right of the 'Camera Calibration' window is a list of all the photos in each group. You can select the photos you want to move to a new group, right click and select 'Create Group'.

Thank you, I never would have found that. My workaround was to split the group on the left window which would make each photo its own group, then select on that side and group them.

I have another question. I have an Air 2S and I fly manually and often have different speeds because of wind. Today I even flew backward for many photos because the drone kept losing signal when I turned it. Is there a way to select or sort photos by speed and direction of drone flight so that each group can get different rolling shutter corrections? I can't even find a way to view the metadata that shows speed

James

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2022, 12:25:10 PM »
Is there a way to select or sort photos by speed and direction of drone flight so that each group can get different rolling shutter corrections? I can't even find a way to view the metadata that shows speed

I don't think so, except maybe through python scripting, but what might help is that you can select photos using the 3D/Model tab or normal photos pane, and then open the camera calibration window, and any photos that were selected before will now be selected in the list at the bottom of the calibration window, though you may have to scroll down to find them.

Still doesn't help you filter by speed or direction, but it may be easier to identify and select these photos intuitively in the 3D view before you go into camera calibration.

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2022, 10:02:17 AM »
Is there a way to select or sort photos by speed and direction of drone flight so that each group can get different rolling shutter corrections? I can't even find a way to view the metadata that shows speed

I don't think so, except maybe through python scripting, but what might help is that you can select photos using the 3D/Model tab or normal photos pane, and then open the camera calibration window, and any photos that were selected before will now be selected in the list at the bottom of the calibration window, though you may have to scroll down to find them.

Still doesn't help you filter by speed or direction, but it may be easier to identify and select these photos intuitively in the 3D view before you go into camera calibration.

THANK YOU, that helps a lot because the gallery view makes it easier to go through and find the ones where they're in a sequence so you can tell it was with the drone moving