Forum

Author Topic: 1.8 beta Cannot Read existing Batch Files  (Read 2134 times)

bgreenstone

• View Profile
1.8 beta Cannot Read existing Batch Files
« on: September 22, 2021, 03:16:18 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just that 1.8 cannot read old batch .xml files by design, but when I attempt to load my existing batch files I get this error message:

jedfrechette

• Lidar Guys
    • View Profile
    • www.lidarguys.com
Re: 1.8 beta Cannot Read existing Batch Files
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 07:37:59 PM »
I can't speak to 1.8 specifically, but in general, I've found that new versions usually can't process batch files from the previous version. The instability of the batch file API is unfortunate and makes it much less useful than it could be.
Jed

wojtek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 10:11:35 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just that 1.8 cannot read old batch .xml files by design, but when I attempt to load my existing batch files I get this error message:

In most cases you can just edit the version number in your old xml

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 01:27:27 PM »

In most cases you can just edit the version number in your old xml

Thanks for that advice! I went in and change the version number and now it loads fine.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 04:57:01 PM »
Hello Brian,

XML files for batch processing contains the information about the applicable version and if it doesn't match the current Metashape version, you wouldn't be able to load it.

It has been done for a purpose, as some operations may include different set of parameters or the default parameters may differ between the major versions. But as others have already mentioned, you can just manually edit the version number in the XML file. However, in such case I would recommend to check the loaded stages manually in order to confirm that all the parameters are properly set.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC