Forum

Author Topic: Metashape Bounding Box  (Read 2128 times)

Smiki007

• View Profile
Metashape Bounding Box
« on: September 22, 2021, 08:55:56 PM »
Helo,
I have only point cloud LAS file, and I want to create the DSM (DEM) model in metashape for it, but when I import the point cloud into metashape, the option Build DEM is grayed out, I know is something about Bounding Box, which is not shown in a model view of Metashape, but  I don´t know what to do. Please help.
PS. I´m using metashape version 1.8.0 Preview Release.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 11:33:52 PM by Smiki007 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Metashape Bounding Box
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 02:49:37 PM »
Hello Smiki,

Thank you for contacting us.

DEM generation is only possible for referenced projects (point clouds). You can simulate georeferencing by executing the following line in the Console pane:
Code: [Select]
Metashape.app..document.chunk.transform.matrix = Metashape.app..document.chunk.transform.matrixAfter that the Build DEM option will be available in the Workflow menu. I can also suggest to adjust the orientation of the point cloud in the Model view, if needed, using Rotate Object tool before executing the mentioned command.

Please also note that you need to select Extrapolated option in the Build DEM dialog, if there are no aligned cameras in your project.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Smiki007

• View Profile
Re: Metashape Bounding Box
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 04:17:19 PM »
Thanks Alexey,
after executing the code Build DEM works, I´ve generate de DEM and export it to GeoTiff.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Hello Smiki,

Thank you for contacting us.

DEM generation is only possible for referenced projects (point clouds). You can simulate georeferencing by executing the following line in the Console pane:
Code: [Select]
Metashape.app..document.chunk.transform.matrix = Metashape.app..document.chunk.transform.matrixAfter that the Build DEM option will be available in the Workflow menu. I can also suggest to adjust the orientation of the point cloud in the Model view, if needed, using Rotate Object tool before executing the mentioned command.

Please also note that you need to select Extrapolated option in the Build DEM dialog, if there are no aligned cameras in your project.