Forum

Author Topic: 1.7.1 fails to build depth maps with same amount of VRAM as 1.6.5  (Read 12812 times)

RHenriques

• View Profile
Re: 1.7.1 fails to build depth maps with same amount of VRAM as 1.6.5
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2021, 05:49:27 PM »
Hi Alexey

I was careful enough to increase the depth value to 5 and did not select the blurred areas option. This way the masks were perfectly and accurately generated around the object of interest, without cropping nothing important. Only the more distant background was eliminated. Even so, in the object from the previous post (Rock with cross on top), by using SVM enabled, only the upper part of the cross appeared in the model. The rest were indistinguishable small fragments. See if you can download the RAW images and replicate. However, as I said in the previous post, the process os generating a mesh from depth maps is now a lot better, without strange crops in the geometry, and it seems more sharpen and accurate than before.
Best Regards

Andreas1206

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2021, 07:44:31 PM »
Hello Alexey,

the latest build 12337 of 1.73 imediately breaks down and closes with a bug report window, when importing .dng files. JPEG and TIFF files work.

best regards,
Andreas

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2021, 03:15:59 PM »
Hello Andreas,

Thank you for reporting. The problem will be fixed in the next update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Eric Baird

• Quadro K5000 + Quadro K620 / Xeon Hex / 64M RAM
    • View Profile
    • The Brighton Toy and Model Index
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2021, 12:16:03 AM »
I was having the same issue with 1.7.3. With a GPU card with 2GB memory (Quadro K620), sometimes a sizeable proportion of the memory would report as unavailable midway through processing, causing a fallback to CPU processing. My workaround was to go back to using 1.6.6 which didn't show have the problem. Unfortunately, once 1.7.3 has modified a project file, 1.6.6 can have trouble reading it.