Forum

Author Topic: Exported Maya Cameras Don't Line Up With Image Planes  (Read 2140 times)

tominoka

• View Profile
Exported Maya Cameras Don't Line Up With Image Planes
« on: November 04, 2021, 01:47:19 AM »
Hello,

I exported my cameras to Maya format, but when I open the file in Maya, all the cameras have a default 35mm focal, when my actual camera was 24mm. The undistorted imagePlanes have a black offset to them to the bottom and right.

Screenshots demonstrate looking though one of the cameras, with and without the model visible. You can see the alignment is pretty far off.

I'm a newbie and may have missed a step. I would appreciate any help! Thanks.

Bzuco

• View Profile
Re: Exported Maya Cameras Don't Line Up With Image Planes
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 11:55:37 AM »
Hi,
I am 3dsmax user, but it could help.
I am using FBX format for exporting cameras, Maya should be also able to import cameras from this format.
What worked for me is check remove distortion and center principal points in export dialog. Exported photos are slightly "zoomed' but the alignment in 3dsmax is almost perfect on all cameras.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 12:23:49 PM »
Hello tominoka,

Seems that there's an issue with our exporter and it doesn't write proper focal length to Maya format, it will be fixed in the next version update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

tominoka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 06:50:18 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I found exporting the model as an .FBX enables the option to export cameras too. Exporting combined model and cameras was the only way I found the cameras to align.

FBX cameras do not have image planes so they have to be loaded manually.

Exporting .obj for the model and .fbx for the cameras didn't work. The alignment was way off.

jenkinsm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 07:06:49 AM »
Hi Tominoka,

I'm new at all this and I was wondering if you could shed some light on what you would use these exported cameras for in your 3D software? You might give me some ideas for how to use them in my projects.

Thanks!