Forum

Author Topic: Keep Server jobs on Server quitting  (Read 2056 times)

Chani

• View Profile
Keep Server jobs on Server quitting
« on: August 11, 2021, 10:18:38 AM »
I there any way for the Metashaoe server to keep the progress and list of jobs it is working on when it quits/closes?

Every time our PC that the server is running on has to restart, or if it crashes, we lose all the progress of the network processing and all jobs have to be re-submitted from the start again.
This has lost days of work sometimes.

All other server/node setups that I have used in the past have a folder where the network jobs are stored and they will just pick up processing from where they left off If there is any hardware faults/crashes etc.

Chani

• View Profile
Re: Keep Server jobs on Server quitting
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 01:21:26 AM »
OK, I'm guessing that this is not possible to do with the way the server works as nobody seems to have a solution for it.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 05:03:13 PM »
Hello Chani,

You can pause all tasks, wait till all nodes stop their progress and then export the Batch List via File Menu and terminate the server. Once the new server instance is started, import the saved batch list via File menu to continue with the tasks in progress.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Chani

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 02:14:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply Alexey. This does not solve our problem though

Once again we have lost over 4 days of a job that was processing due to windows automatically restarting the server PC while it was processing. This PC is configured to not automatically restart when a user is logged on but Windows seems to override this for certain updates.

Is there no way for the server jobs and progress to be automatically saved so that if the computer does crash or restart, we don't lose days and days of processing?
It is extremely frustrating and costing a lot of time and money for us to have to restart jobs after days of processing is lost.