Forum

Author Topic: Filter by Confidence selection.  (Read 3031 times)

tweezlednutball

• View Profile
Filter by Confidence selection.
« on: October 18, 2021, 10:19:33 PM »
In previous versions I was able to filter by confidence, then select the cloud and invert selection and delete the low confidence points in the dense cloud.  this trick no longer works.  I am not sure what version it stopped working but I did it many times in the past and it is no longer working.  Maybe the workflow has changed and I am unaware?  Thank you.

Costas

• Aerial Mapping
    • View Profile
Re: Filter by Confidence selection.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 09:55:52 AM »
When you create Dense Cloud did you check the option to "Calculate Point Confidence"?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Filter by Confidence selection.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 06:38:05 PM »
Hello tweezlednutball,

As Costas has mentioned above, you should have "calculate confidence" option enabled in Build Dense Cloud dialog in order to be able to apply confidence filter later.

If you have the depth maps saved in the project, you can rebuild the dense cloud have both "reuse depth maps" and "calculate point confidence" options enabled.

Also you may check the recently published tutorial in our knowledge base, which describes basics of the filter by confidence feature:
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000162209-dense-cloud-editing-with-confidence-filter-tool
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC