Forum

Author Topic: which metashape export will see textures embedded with the model file ?  (Read 3225 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Hi, an entire day spent trying to get metashape model into a viewer so someone can view it, and get dimensions from it.

obj, fbx dae all fail. fbx metashape makes seems to be a newer version than the prog opening it, as it has errors. there is no option to export as an older version .

converting to an older version is not easy, dodgy sites I avoid, autodesk used to do it.

We should bne able to just export as fbx, choose a version suited to the client, and email it them.

Not a day trying to get a reader to show it.

Just what file type are there that contain a texture or better still the 'shaded model' images seeing that textures are blurred, again await agisoft to say why blurred.

I am told obj no good as an online viewer does not have ability to place the obj mtl and jpg into a source folder. Autodesk asks for all files then shows grey.

This has to be easier than this.

I then see this thread,
https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=16.0

is this problem still to be solved ?

Steve
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 01:41:36 AM by Steve003 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: which metashape export will see textures embedded with the model file ?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 06:53:28 PM »
Hello Steve,

Do you need a compatible texture mesh data for specific application version? What is the application name and version number?

Free FBX Review utility from Autodesk should be able to open FBX files with embed texture exported from Metashape.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Steve003

• View Profile
Re: which metashape export will see textures embedded with the model file ?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 01:36:20 AM »
Hi Alexey,
I am trying to find a viewer that opens metashape model with its texture, or with its 'model shaded' view image as at the moment that looks nice and texture is blurred (subject of a case 162694 sent to you, with Photoscan winning) and client to be able to take measurements from model. It must have a true ortho view mode.

Autodesk FBX review utility has no true ortho view or measuring mode.
Aspose was a complete disaster texture jpg incorrectly mapped.
Creators3D was grey and no coloured image.

I am now told Agisoft Viewer can open an Agisoft model, I ask what file type is needed and how do I give a scale to the model.

(see thread     https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=13858.0

Regards

Steve