Forum

Author Topic: WHAT ONLINE VIEWER FOR CLIENT TO PLAY METASHAPE RESULT ?  (Read 2921 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
WHAT ONLINE VIEWER FOR CLIENT TO PLAY METASHAPE RESULT ?
« on: October 20, 2021, 10:58:50 PM »
Hi,
Its ok creating a mesh with texture but what online viewer is there for someone to view the result you send them ?
How should it be sent ?

so far I have spent 3 days trying first obj which has a separate mtl and jpg file, and such need to exist together on a pc in a folder for the jpg to work, so online upload a file is no use, unless someone knows better.

fbx embeds the jpg but I cannot find a site that will open and play it, those found I saw a black silhouette and loads of sliders that was too complex, a client isnt going to fiddle about. Autodesk viewer was far too dark , at least it showed the image, it had no ortho view as such. 

Aspose is fbx yet it made a complete disaster of metashapes fbx export, the texture was not allocated to the parts but just dumped over it.

I am beginning to think metashape fbx export is faulty as nothing is working right yet. either far too dark, or no image or mapped wrong.

I tried fbx from photoscan and opened into rhino and it was just white object.

I also need measuring capability from it. So I need to add scale, so use meshlab to get a dimension into it.

Unless a client can see the result whats the point of creating a 3D model for them ?

I seem to have discovered the hole in the entire system , no one apart from me can view the results !

Steve
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 11:06:37 PM by Steve003 »

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: WHAT ONLINE VIEWER FOR CLIENT TO PLAY METASHAPE RESULT ?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 06:51:36 AM »
Hello Steve,

why don't you try the Agisoft Viewer. It is stand alone and free and should be able to display your 3d model..and it has measurement tools,,,,

attached is example of a 3dmodel of inside of a church (fbx format with embedded texture) displayed in Agisoft Viewer...

Seems interesting
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

SimonBrown

• View Profile
    • AccuPixel Ltd - Dealer and Training Centre
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 10:55:38 AM »
Two options:

The Agisoft Viewer for client side viewing.

https://construkted.com for hosted viewing.

Agisoft endorsed online Metashape training - see: https://accupixel.co.uk/metashape-training-courses

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 01:23:22 AM »
Hi,
That sound promising. :)
What file type does this need to be fed ?

I need to get a scale to the item, metashape Standard has no means of scaling it, of indicating even a single measurement.

I am told try Meshlab to apply a scale, then what do I do, export as obj or fbx or ?

Does it need an obj ?

Rhino wont open the metashape obj it ignores texture.

Does it need an fbx ? that embeds texture, though Metashapes texture is blurred, Photoscans texture is ok. I could export fbx from photoscan until metashape issue is solved by Agisoft.

Steve