Forum

Author Topic: Trouble with Textures  (Read 3766 times)

jenkinsm

• View Profile
Trouble with Textures
« on: October 25, 2021, 11:37:48 PM »
I'm having trouble with textures. In some areas where the shaded model looks perfect (LEFT), the textures (RIGHT) are all messed up.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm generating the textures from the images. Should I use the dense cloud instead?

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: Trouble with Textures
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 12:47:00 AM »
One (or more) cameras/phots is probably misaligned. Find it/them & disabled it/them before texture generation.

Mak

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 01:45:28 AM »
Run it through Photoscan, all is ok there !

File >save as and try 1.2 and open in photoscan 1.2.6

I am getting the same and my images are perfectly ok.

metashape has a problem , as Photoscan works a treat on this.

Steve

h_ogata

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 10:52:48 AM »
Mak11

How can I find a photo that is out of alignment?

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 11:53:09 PM »
Hi,

its a bug !

having spent 2 weeks trying to resolve blurred textures, now seeing a number of posts with same issues, Agisoft havent said anything much.
I am having to use Photoscan to get textures made. I have sent projects to Agisoft almost 3 weeks ago, .

I am also finding that metashape wont align all images, sometimes even images that were aligned in a different chunk same project, very nice images.

Photoscan aligns all images, but is HORRENDOUSLY SLOW AT DOING A PROJECT. I have never had total workflow success yet from meta. In photoscan it was just slow, in meta things failed. I am not convinced on meta being better yet, keep having to use Photoscan, but love meta's mesh from depth map and speed.

and I have just read in a different part of the forum , bug reports

https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=13701.0

Its a bug in 1.7.4

3 weeks wasted.

I wish we all were told,  rather than have us think we the user are not doing something right.

1.7.1 apparently is best until they fix it.,

How does one get hold of 1.7.1 ?

Maybe better to try first for you rather than Photoscan 1.2.6

Steve

h_ogata

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 04:22:28 AM »
jenkinsm
I'm sorry to disturb your topic.

I have been in trouble with this problem for a long time.
I started using it from 1.72, so I thought the blurring of the texture was a problem with my own technology.

For Japanese users, leaving only the minimum required texture will not blur. The coping method is common,

Due to the large number of photos, I think a simpler procedure is needed.

I want to know how Mak says.
Also, is PhotoScan available for download?

Bzuco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 11:19:16 AM »
@h_ogata
It is always good practise to check if all cameras are correctly aligned.
You can do that only visually...enable show cameras icon and look at the cameras if their positions are at drone flying trajectory.
You will notice immediatelly if some camera has wrong position or orientation.

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 04:46:37 PM »
Hi,
if Photoscan manages perfectly well with the exact same image set then it can only be Metashape and a bug, as others report.
So rather than spend time assuming its you, try 1.7.1 or Photoscan 1.2.6

works for me that way.

Ask support for 1.2.6 , not sure though if it runs on win10. If so I am about to be put out of action as I am rebuilding from win7 to win 10. then my 1.2.6 wont run, or is there a way of getting win7 64bit pro progs to work on win 10 64bit pro ?

Steve

CheeseAndJamSandwich

• View Profile
    • Sketchfab Models
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 06:02:37 PM »
@h_ogata
You can do that only visually...enable show cameras icon and look at the cameras if their positions are at drone flying trajectory.
You will notice immediatelly if some camera has wrong position or orientation.
A great tip that Alexey recently taught me is that you can change the size of the blue camera rectangles by holding shift and scrolling the mouse-wheel!  You can then set the size to exactly what you need when zooming in enough to see the track's camera orientations.
And if you want the cameras rectangle in a different colour (as i do, as the subject is a similar colour!) you can just select all the cameras in the Camera pane, and they turn red!  Hopefully we'll be able to set this in Preferences one day...

Also, if you look around the Sparse Points Cloud in 3D, you can often see a dodgy plane of points, off at a weird angle.  You can then select some of these points and then 'Filter Photos by Tie Points', reset the alignment for these photos and then realign them...  For me, this has worked great when I've found these dodgy planes of points, from misaligned photos.
Usually, the Gradual Selection tasks filter these bad points out, but then you're left with low quality areas, or holes in your meshes...  As you're probably seeing.   The simple resetting of these misaligned photo and realigning them works well...  There might be other ways of doing this quantitively, but doing it by visually works... after a bit of searching...