Forum

Author Topic: I ALMOST GIVE UP WITH THIS TRYING TO SOLVE METASHAPE BLUR TEXTURE  (Read 1652 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Hi,
metashape despite all options tried manages to introduce blurred areas in texture.

THE IMAGES ARE FINE, PHOTOSCAN MAKES A NON BLURRED TEXTURE WITH THEM. I need photoscan to texture the metashape better model mesh. (though Pscan has a better non holy mesh in some areas) though surface is certainly more lumpy, BUT the texture is perfect.

I export the Metashape 1.7.4 model which is a better smoother mesh and better looking in model shaded mode, (made using mesh from depth maps) using file save as 1.2 as a .psz

I open the Pscan model and go file>append and bring in the 1.2

I use Photoscan to texture the 1.2, now meta mesh has a perfect texture.

File save as 'meta model 1.2 texture by pscan.psz  '

Open meta 1.7.4 and file > open this file AND IT OPENS WITHOUT THE TEXTURE .  :'( >:(   where did the texture go ?

all that because metashape despite being now 1.7.4 has a fault and cannot make a decent texture.

Why didnt metashape bring in the texture with the .psz ?

Please Agisoft fix the blurred texture problem, waited 2 weeks on this been fiddling with it all ways and still failed.
Between a rock and a hard place ! by now 1.7.4 shouldnt have such basic problems. It also wont align all the images yet same images Photoscan aligns the entire lot !

why is it that Photoscan is far better in texturing and aligning ? but unusable as its HORRENDOUSLY SLOW. 5.5 hrs v 1 hr on this yesterday.  has no mesh from Depth map method which is far better and the reason along with speed to try and stay with meta 1.7.4

Very fed up. 2 weeks which I cannot afford to spend solving this and another project with texture blur metashape issues and got nowhere.

How can I get that Pscan texture onto this Meta model 1.2 ?

update... I tried a .psx save with Photoscan and in Metashape 1.7.4 file >open and browse to that, AND I HAVE TEXTURES.

My metashape model has a decent texture courtesy of Photoscan 1.2.6 HOORAY 

update...
Hi,

its a bug !

I have just read in a different part of the forum , bug reports

https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=13701.0

Its a bug in 1.7.4

3 weeks wasted.

I wish we all were told,  rather than have us think we the user are not doing something right.

1.7.1 apparently is best until they fix it.,

How does one get hold of 1.7.1 ?

Steve
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 11:54:23 PM by Steve003 »

James

• View Profile
Re: I ALMOST GIVE UP WITH THIS TRYING TO SOLVE METASHAPE BLUR TEXTURE
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 01:24:20 AM »
This link seems to work:
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/download.agisoft.com/metashape-pro_1_7_1_x64.msi

I just modified the current 1_7_5 link to 1_7_1.