Forum

Author Topic: Issues importing mask from PNG transparancy  (Read 8114 times)

tincansassoc

• View Profile
Issues importing mask from PNG transparancy
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:44:38 PM »
I have successfully made a few models by importing masks from PNG files with transparencies, however  I have encountered a problem. I have a project where some of the masks import and some of them do not. Coincidentally, the masks that import correctly are landscape, and the ones that do not are portrait. all the PNG files were created the same way using photoshop. The portrait images do not create a mask when trying to import the PNG as a mask, however the photoscan masking tools do still work. I can send sample files if needed.

Photoscan Standard 0.9.1 Build 1703
Windows 8, 64 bit

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Issues importing mask from PNG transparancy
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 12:44:55 AM »
Hello tincansassoc,

Thank you for reporting.

Please send sample files to support@agisoft.ru. I think it will be better if you can provide both working and problematic images.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »
Hello tincansassoc,

Please check that photos and masks have the same landscape/portrait orientation. If the resolution of photo and corresponding mask mismatch mask can not be applied.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

tincansassoc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »
I think the bigger issue is that if you are a windows 8 user, then you will have no idea the mask is wrong because windows 8 autorotates the preview images differently that other versions of windows. The images all appeared in the same orientation on my windows 8 computer, but on the windows 7 computer you can tell that the jpegs were different orientation than the png masks. This appears to be a windows 8 only problem. People who use windows 8 will "think" their mask images are orientated correctly but they are not.

This seems like an issue that could be corrected by having photoscan compare aspect ratios, if it fails then and then try to rotate the image automatically, if that fails, rotate the opposite direction. Then everything is done automatically so there is no "windows viewing problem"

Thanks