Forum

Author Topic: Batch cancel bug  (Read 6043 times)

tristan_bethe

• View Profile
Batch cancel bug
« on: July 12, 2013, 11:32:13 AM »
This happened to me twice now: I've started a batch operation (mesh generation) but remembered I wanted to change something so I immediately try to cancel the batch operation before it could get started properly.

The dialog remains in view and the loading bar and time continues but nothing is actually done so far I can tell. I can click on pause but it does not do anything. I can click cancel and it gives me a warning like it normally does but regardless of what I click nothing happens and the dialog box remains open.

I let this sit for a while but it seems to be in a loop. I finally have to force quit photoscan (standard)

The nasty part is that my file is now corrupt.  :'(

Nothing what can be solved by saving often but just something I still wanted to share. Perhaps somebody else can replicate this hang.

tristan_bethe

• View Profile
Re: Batch cancel bug
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 05:51:55 PM »
Might be impatiences in stead of a bug. It seemed to happen again and I do see the project file file-size going from 0 -  3gb. So seems like it is doing something...

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Batch cancel bug
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:16:15 PM »
Hello Tristan,

The project file size change is only possible if you've turned on autosave feature.

Some sub-steps of mesh generation stage require quite a long time to be cancelled, so it might be the problem you are facing with. And in case the processing has gone to swap it will take a very long time to terminate the operation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC