Forum

Author Topic: any way to map "distortion" of orthomosaics?  (Read 1018 times)

lkline97

• View Profile
any way to map "distortion" of orthomosaics?
« on: November 08, 2021, 05:43:44 PM »
Hi all,

Blanket apologies for any mistakenly-worded components of this message! Agisoft is still new to me and much of my learning has been done as I've been making orthomosaics.

I have pictures from flights ranging from 15-90m AGL. Resulting orthomosaics have various levels of distortion both around the edges and within the interior of the raster. It would be useful for me to map image distortion in an orthomosaic. In my mind, this is conceptually similar to mapping errors in point clouds (e.g. see article here), however I understand that errors in 3D point clouds may not directly correlate to distortion in a resulting orthomosaic.

What I am thinking of doing could be visualized like the below image, where I assigned arbitrary values representing "good" sections and "distorted" sections in ArcGIS Pro and interpolated...

...and the parts of the mosaic closer to the edges are predictably more distorted.

I'm wondering if there are any values that could be extracted from Agisoft's orthomosaic outputs or otherwise that may serve as the distortion values to take the subjectivity out of what I did to create this example image (e.g. assigning arbitrary values)?

Thank you and please let me know if I can clarify anything!