Forum

Author Topic: investing in mapping UAV phantom 4 pro or mavic 3 pro  (Read 2119 times)

Dukytony

• View Profile
investing in mapping UAV phantom 4 pro or mavic 3 pro
« on: November 20, 2021, 05:52:29 PM »
Hello guys,

My company is looking into UAV options for archeological mapping (orthos, DEM, modelling)

I was wondering what would be the best option between the last phantom 4 pro (mechanical shutter) and the new mavic 3 pro (electronic shutter but bigger camera)

Thanks a lot guys!

RHenriques

• View Profile
Re: investing in mapping UAV phantom 4 pro or mavic 3 pro
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 08:01:00 PM »
If you are in Europe (EU space), be aware of the CE conformity. Every Dji drone, if it will not be considered retro-compatible with this approval norm, will not be usable for work from January 2023 and beyond.
I use both a Phantom 4 Pro, a Phantom 4 RTK and a Mavic 2 Pro for the purpose you are asking and they all perform very well.
I have not done any test with Mavic 3 yet but, when supported by flight planning software and avoiding the Zoom features, I don't see any reason to not perform well either.
Best Regards
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 12:25:32 AM by RHenriques »

tvi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 09:57:24 AM »
Was the Mavic 3 not going to be able to receive a CE conformity in the future with a firmware upgrade?

The reason that it doesn't have a CE certificate yet is due to some delay/unclear items in European legislation which still need to be modified?

Medive

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 05:21:38 PM »
Hey there!

The classification can as far as I know not be updated later.
The reason why there is no classification for the EU yet is a missing confirmed organisation that is allowed to classify UAVs  (https://www.dein-drohnenpilot.de/warum-gibt-es-noch-keine-drohnen-mit-eu-drohnen-klassifizierung/).