Forum

Author Topic: Has Metashape 1.7.4 been fixed regards bug unable to make textures yet ?  (Read 1303 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Hi,
Before I mess about uninstalling 1.7.4 and figuring out how to install 1.7.1 , has the inability of 1.7.4 to create textures correctly (no blurred areas)  been fixed yet as it was reported a month or so ago, and with hard evidence sent to tech support, but not heard back from them at all.  :(  Not the usual 2 day service mentioned there.  several weeks so far. Others also said it was a bug, and suggested 1.7.1

I also still find that Photoscan is usually better at aligning all images, as well as making the texture without blurred areas. If it wasnt that it was SLOW, 5 x as slow, and had no mesh from Depth map, and lousy 3D model manipulation tools , I would prefer it, as it is I am between a rock and a hard place., Unable to actually do a simple job with whats offered by Agisoft.

Steve

wojtek

• View Profile
Re: Has Metashape 1.7.4 been fixed regards bug unable to make textures yet ?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 07:51:00 PM »
Hi,
Before I mess about uninstalling 1.7.4 and figuring out how to install 1.7.1 , has the inability of 1.7.4 to create textures correctly (no blurred areas)  been fixed yet as it was reported a month or so ago, and with hard evidence sent to tech support, but not heard back from them at all.  :(  Not the usual 2 day service mentioned there.  several weeks so far. Others also said it was a bug, and suggested 1.7.1

I also still find that Photoscan is usually better at aligning all images, as well as making the texture without blurred areas. If it wasnt that it was SLOW, 5 x as slow, and had no mesh from Depth map, and lousy 3D model manipulation tools , I would prefer it, as it is I am between a rock and a hard place., Unable to actually do a simple job with whats offered by Agisoft.

Steve

It's better in the latest 1.8.0 build, all 1.7.4+ builds are borked afaik.

Steve003

• View Profile
Re: Has Metashape 1.7.4 been fixed regards bug unable to make textures yet ?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 03:07:28 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for reply,
To you or Agisoft Tech Support, important question, as failing builds is not acceptable.

Better...
We need it fixed, not sure better is enough,
1. Textures. Is the blurred texture areas actually now solved, has 1.8 been created to actually solve it, ? Is it as good as Photoscan is on that now ?

2. Is it as good as Photoscan at aligning all images now ?

Is 1.8 created to fix these two fundamental flaws ?

One has to ask why such basics are worse in Metashape than Photoscan. A new version should be better than previous, especially years later. I have yet to get metashape to perform as good as Photoscan, just the 3D interface tools are better., and mesh from Depth maps.

Regards

Steve