Forum

Author Topic: Volume Calculate  (Read 1517 times)

ugo

• View Profile
Volume Calculate
« on: November 22, 2021, 12:12:42 PM »
Hallo,
i use metashape build a model, with scale bar, and i can know the volume in this project (Tools-Mesh-measure area and volume).
Now i export the .obj model, and import it to a new metashape project, want to know that volume, but "measure area and volume" option is deactive.
What should i do?

thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Volume Calculate
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 08:17:32 PM »
Hello ugo,

Measure area and volume tool works for georeferenced chunk only. So if you import the model to the empty chunk, the feature will not be available.

You can try to workaround it by executing the following line in the Console pane prior to the model import to the active chunk:
Code: [Select]
Metashape.app.document.chunk.transform.matrix = Metashape.app.document.chunk.transform.matrixBut note that you could expect good result only if the imported model has been exported from Metashape project using Local Coordinates option or with X and Y Shift for the projected coordinate systems. In case X and Y coordinates have very big values (hundreds of thousands meters and more) additional adjustment via scripting for the empty chunk will be required.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC