Forum

Author Topic: Dense cloud filter by confidence question  (Read 4582 times)

kcrob0401

• View Profile
Dense cloud filter by confidence question
« on: November 26, 2021, 05:41:18 PM »
Hi,

I'm a newbie and was wondering if one of the agisoft team could describe how the program determines high and low confidence points in the densecloud. In other words... 'what makes a point low confidence/what makes a point high confidence?'

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Dense cloud filter by confidence question
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 10:12:07 PM »
Hello kcrob0401,

The additional information about dense cloud confidence is available in the following article:
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000162209-dense-cloud-editing-with-confidence-filter-tool
Hope you'll find everything you need there. If not, please let me know.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

kcrob0401

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 12:33:04 PM »
That answers my question, thanks!!!!

bgreenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 01:41:37 AM »
I've always had the "Calculate point confidence" option on, but I had assumed that Metashape automatically did something with those values.  Now that I read that article I see that it's only useful if I'm going to manually remove points with low confidence.  Is that correct?

Does having the Calculate Point Confidence option on add much time to the processing, or is it essentially free anyways?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 11:59:47 AM »
Hello bgreenstone,

Calculating the point confidence doesn't improve or affect the processing results, unless manual editing is applied.

The processing time also wouldn't be extended, however, the size of the dense cloud data in the project directory would be bigger, if the confidence values are calculated. So you can skip confidence calculation, if you do not consider it in your pipeline.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC