Forum

Author Topic: Get camera pose relative to model exported in local coordinates  (Read 1961 times)

Boy2melo

• View Profile
Hi all,

I have some difficulties trying to locate the cameras relative to a georeferenced point cloud which I have exportet in "local coordinates (m)". Here is what I have done and what I want to achieve:

1. I have created a dense point cloud and mesh from a number of images with GPS informtion. Due to the available GPS data the model was georeferenced automatically and is now metrically scaled.
2. I have exported the camera data in the agisoft xml format. From this I can calculate the positon and rotation of the cameras in the ECEF coordinate system by using the camera transform and the chunk transform.
3. Since the model is only locally confined and I am only interested in a metric scale, I have exported the model in local coordinates (m) as ply file. Reading this file gives me XYZ coordinates in meters for each point relative to some origin (not the ECEF origin)

No I want to locate the cameras, which I have in a global ECEF coordinate system relative to the model, which is in some local metric coordinate system. Where can I find or calculate the transform between the ECEF CS and the local CS of my point cloud.

I hope I could state my problem clearly and hopefully I have not missed the answer in some other thread of this forum.

Thanks for your help, guys!

shunfu

• View Profile
Re: Get camera pose relative to model exported in local coordinates
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 05:17:40 AM »
Hi, guys

I have the same confusion as you. The camera.xml exported from metashape and the exported dense point cloud are not the same coordinate system. They can't match each other.
    Do you know which coordinate system(meter) should be exported for dense point cloud to match camera.xml ?