Forum

Author Topic: Waypoint weirdly placed  (Read 2498 times)

Aerial Drone System

• View Profile
Waypoint weirdly placed
« on: December 02, 2021, 05:32:03 PM »
Hi.

I'm using the version 1.8.0 build 13597 of Metashape.
I have a DJI Matrice 210 RTK V2 and my controller uses a screen called DJI Crystalsky.

I created a Mission Flight that I splitted into 7 kml files.
I imported them on my Crystalsky and I realized that the second .kml has a very oddly placed waypoint (the 48th one), as you can see on the picture:

What's weird is that in Metashape, every waypoint are correctly placed around my building.

What should I do? Is this related to the fact that the 1.8.0 version is unstable? Or maybe is it because of the coordinate system? Should I downgrade back to 1.7.6?

Regards.
Mathieu Laveissiere
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 05:47:01 PM by Aerial Drone System »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Waypoint weirdly placed
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 07:08:28 PM »
Hello Matthieu,

The suspicious location seems to be related to Latitude = 0 and Longitude = 0. Maybe there are some wrongly referenced parts in the project?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 07:09:09 PM »
Bonjour Mathieu,

tu peux tjrs éditer le kml pour voir si les coordonnées des points de passage sont corrects....

selon ton écran ya un point (48) qui a les coordonnées 0,0 (équateur, méridien de Greenwich)...certes une erreur

Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Aerial Drone System

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 07:24:35 PM »
Hello Matthieu,

The suspicious location seems to be related to Latitude = 0 and Longitude = 0. Maybe there are some wrongly referenced parts in the project?

I don't think so.
If I remove this wrong waypoint from my .kml, everything will be back to normal?
I mean, is this a waypoint that has been moved away from my building or is it just a superfluous new waypoint?

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 08:50:52 PM »
Mathieu,

i woud try removing this wayward wp and see if your flight lan looks OK...
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 10:02:14 PM »
Hello Mathieu,

If you review the flight plan (camera tracks) in Metashape window, do you observe the same issue - are there any waypoints far from the actual model?

Is it possible, that "append" button has been accidentally pressed on the Animation pane toolbar at any point prior to the flight plan export?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Aerial Drone System

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 07:07:49 PM »
Hello Mathieu,

If you review the flight plan (camera tracks) in Metashape window, do you observe the same issue - are there any waypoints far from the actual model?

Is it possible, that "append" button has been accidentally pressed on the Animation pane toolbar at any point prior to the flight plan export?

I've attached the kml files on this post if you want to take a look by yourself, but I checked and my last waypoints for each .kml are correctly placed.

Aerial Drone System

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 05:40:19 PM »
Hello Mathieu,

Did you have time to look at my .kml files on the previous post I made?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 08:00:18 PM »
Hello Mathieu,

I've downloaded the archive and reviewed KML files contents - neither file has waypoints with 0.0, 0.0 coordinates and all files show the waypoints in a very close location, if opened in Google Earth.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Aerial Drone System

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 06:23:10 PM »
Hello Mathieu,

I've downloaded the archive and reviewed KML files contents - neither file has waypoints with 0.0, 0.0 coordinates and all files show the waypoints in a very close location, if opened in Google Earth.

I see.
So the problem comes from the DJI Pilot application then?