Forum

Author Topic: Exporting dem and orthophoto from 4D model  (Read 1165 times)

Kiplesund

• View Profile
Exporting dem and orthophoto from 4D model
« on: November 30, 2021, 12:08:48 AM »
Hi,

I am currently doing 4D modeling of dam breach tests in a hydraulic laboratory with 5 video cameras, from this I have generated a dynamic model of 132 frames, I can handily export mesh or dense cloud, where each timestep gets a consecutive number, test1.stl, test2.stl etc. However when I try this with the DEM and the orthomosaic it just overwrites the files (no consecutive numbering). Any idea what I am missing here? Help is greatly appreciated, I've been stuck for quite a while now and my searches have all come up resultless and it is about time I finished my data processing and got on to writing some papers..

Kiplesund

• View Profile
Re: Exporting dem and orthophoto from 4D model
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 12:17:59 PM »
Just in case someone else finds this through a search, I contacted tech support and I got the following reply which worked fine:

You can use {frame} macros in the filename template field, when choosing the export folder for the orthomosaic and DEM, for example:
ortho_{frame}.tif and dem_{frame}.tif
In this case during the export Metashape will substitute {frame} sub-string with the actual frame number, so each raster will be saved to the separate file and will not be overwritten.