Forum

Author Topic: What settings to increase resolution of raster image in obj export ?  (Read 1747 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Hi,
Metashape 1.7.4
When I open the obj file into Rhino3D and then apply the .jpg image, all looks fine if model is a few inches wide on screen, when I zoom in its getting a far more rough, when I view the photo taken on site of the same area its far better, superb, a shock to the system in what I am having to work with.

I can see the details I wish I could see in CAD.

I am part guessing the base of an item, or the location of an S bend in metal etc.

It needs a better resolution image created when making obj.

How is this done ?

or perhaps there is a better way of getting the model out with hi res image and into CAD.

Also in fact the model view in Agisoft is nowhere near as detailed as the image if I double click the photo shown below the model window, is there a way of having a more detailed view in Agisoft. Perhaps that view then generates the hi res obj file ?

Cheers

Steve
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 05:04:19 PM by Steve003 »

Steve003

• View Profile
Re: What settings to increase resolution of raster image in obj export ?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 09:23:43 PM »
Hi, please could anyone including Agisoft reply please, I have just had the same situation again, the text on labels on the photos used is 25pixels tall and the texture on the model has this text as 5, thus blurred ! 1/5 of the resolution of the photos.  :'(

what decides the resolution of the images mapped to the mesh in Agisoft.

In this last example I have been forced to use Photoscan 1.2.6 as metashape STILL HAS THE BLURRED PATCHES ON THE TEXTURE, AND I AM NOT AWARE ITS BEEN FIXED YET.
1.8.1 is the latest version, BUT NOTHING IS SAID ON IF THIS RESOLVES THE ISSUE THAT SEES ME HAVING TO USE photoscan, 3 hrs to do a dense cloud, 3 hours !!!!

not happy at all.

does 1.8.1 fix the blurred patches ?
1.7.4 would not align all images, Photoscan does. again need all images. Photoscan usually aligns all, metashape often fails.

Agisoft support still to get back to me on the project with failed aligns and blurred texture areas sent them 6 months or more ago.

Steve

Bzuco

• View Profile
Re: What settings to increase resolution of raster image in obj export ?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 11:50:00 AM »
If you have insufficient details(1/5 of original photo resolution) on your final texture, then create 5x bigger final one texture or more textures.
If there is such a difference in number of correctly aligned photos(photoscan/metashape), are you sure that you take enough photos and from correct positions in you project?