Forum

Author Topic: vertical datum is unavailable  (Read 3110 times)

Tobias.B

• View Profile
vertical datum is unavailable
« on: December 14, 2021, 06:59:28 PM »
Dear Support,
i tried to convert the coordinate system of my cameras from WGS84 (EPSG:4326) to ETRS89/UTM zone 32N + DHHN92 heigt (EPSG:5555). When selecting the error message appears: "Selected vertical datum is unavailable. Please configure datum transformation."

I assume that the vertical datum should be available in the moment it is given as a choice. How can i fix the bug? I want to use that referenz without configuring the transformation on my own (don't know how  to do that).
Can anybody help?
Thank you

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: vertical datum is unavailable
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 07:27:02 PM »
Hello Tobias,

Do you have an undulation grid for DHHN92 geoid in GeoTIFF format in goids sub-folder of Metashape Pro installation directory?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Tobias.B

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 07:46:36 PM »
No, i havn't. Should there be one or is DHHN92 not supported yet like DHHN2016? I thought DHHN92 should be supported because it appears in the list, unlike DHHN2016.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 07:55:07 PM »
Hello Tobias,

By default Metashape provides only EGM96 geoid model with the installation package. For any other geoid model you should either use available option from the Downloads page (https://www.agisoft.com/downloads/geoids/), or follow the instruction and get Metashape supported GeoTIFF from the undulation grid available in different format:
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000148332-how-to-use-height-above-geoid-for-the-coordinate-system

As far as I know, German geoid models are not available to public, so we cannot publish them on our web-site, but if you have the geoid offset file in any other format, you can try to follow the instruction.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Tobias.B

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 10:35:32 AM »
Thank you, I will try that out.