Forum

Author Topic: Keep UV with ZRemesher?  (Read 31601 times)

joss51

• View Profile
Keep UV with ZRemesher?
« on: July 21, 2013, 01:50:04 PM »
Hi all,

Congratulations for most of yours for the great scans you do and present.
I begin with Photoscan and need some tips.
I managed to scan a model and I want to retopologize and texture it.
I imported it in ZBrush 4R6 (OBJ file) and used Zremesher but the problem is my UV's are not kept.
In fact, the original UV's are dirty so maybe I could copy my mesh, remesh it, make good UV (with UV Master) and project the texture of my scanned mesh on this one, but I don't know how to do that.
Is there a step by step tutorial to clean a scanned object and have diffuse, normals... maps for the good mesh ?
Thanks a lot.

admir

• View Profile
Re: Keep UV with ZRemesher?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 09:33:45 PM »
UVs are lost when new mesh is generated using Zremesher, What you can do is: export mesh from Photoscan, clean/remesh whatever you plan to do with it. Make new UV with UV master and then project original mesh to remeshed. Or you can import uv mapped remeshed model in Photoscan. You will have better flow mesh on which you can generate new Texture using Keep UV option in build texture Requester.

If you want Normal map to gain small details, the best would be to generate them from diffuse map.
If you want to project high poly mesh on low poly to get larger details, best is to bake those in XNormal or any 3d app of your choice.

I have tried importing uv mapped low poly mesh to Photoscan to generate diffuse map but since silhouette is not the same there are errors in diffuse map.

Hope it helps.

Admir

joss51

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 06:11:59 PM »
Thanks a lot Admir.
Sorry for the delay but your answer was just displayed today !
I'll try your solution.
thanks for your help!

joselopezha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 02:35:19 PM »
"I have tried importing uv mapped low poly mesh to Photoscan to generate diffuse map but since silhouette is not the same there are errors in diffuse map."

Hi! Is there any workaround to this problem? is there any other way to project photo textures to the low poly model?
Im working in my model to have a nice retopology and good UVmaps (using Zremesh and Polygroups in ZBrush) and then import it to Photoscan and then project again the photos.

Thanks!