Forum

Author Topic: Error Empty pairs list  (Read 1659 times)

fabvin

• View Profile
Error Empty pairs list
« on: December 19, 2021, 02:07:22 PM »
Hello,
Running on version 1.7.5 build 13229, I get the error message "Empty pairs list" when trying to merge two aligned chunks. Reading the topics https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=13261.0 and https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=12867.msg57033#msg57033 did not allow me to find the answer to the problem.

My goal seems to be quite simple: I need to add a new set of images to an already aligned chunk.
Here is my process:
* select Keep Key point in the Preference/advanced
* align the chunk 1
* add new cameras to a new chunk: chunk 2
* align the chunk 2
* merge the two chunks (Here is the problem: Error Empty pairs list)
Consequently, I have no key points in the pictures of the chunk 2 in the merged chunk.

Unfortunately, when I add directy the new pictures to the chunk 1 and I select Align Photos with  the box "reset current alignment" unchecked, it doesn't work because I haven't any stored key points in the new pictures.

Best regards
Fab

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Error Empty pairs list
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 07:50:54 PM »
Hello Fab,

Can you please clarify, if you are interested in using Merge Tie Points option for the chunk merging operation?

If so, please confirm, if key points are present in both chunks that you are aligning and then trying to merge.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

fabvin

• View Profile
Re: Error Empty pairs list
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 10:11:13 AM »
Dear Alexey
Both key points are present in the two chunks I am trying to align before merging, then when I merge the two chunks, I got the error message "Empty pairs list". Metashape creates a merged chunk nonetheless, but the key points disappeared from the second chunk.

I am only interested in having key points in the images of the second chunk, in order to align the new frames to the chunk 1. I don't know exactly the purpose of the Merge Tie Points option? I resumes, frame by frame, the alignment on the chunk 1?

Best regards
Fabrice