Forum

Poll

What sort of OS you use with PHOTOSCAN ?

Windows XP
Windows 7
Windows 8
LINUX
OS X

Author Topic: OS that you use  (Read 4827 times)

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
OS that you use
« on: July 21, 2013, 10:45:13 PM »
if use more than one OS let us know why..... when using LINUX then what version and what distro. Ubuntu or other. If OS X, what version..... 
----------------
www.mhb.sk

jedfrechette

• Lidar Guys
    • View Profile
    • www.lidarguys.com
Re: OS that you use
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 03:24:48 AM »
Windows 7 because I need it for several commercial tools.

The latest Debian (occasionally Centos) because data handling is so much easier.
Jed

WickedShell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:42:26 AM »
Linux:
  • Fedora Core 19 - LXDE Spin
  • Debian Wheezy
  • Debian Sid

Tried windows early on, but the install of windows 7 was preventing exporting a orthophoto over 2GBs (would stop at exactly 2), took the same project file to Linux and it exported flawlessly. In general I'm primarily a Linux user and am more comfortable with that. (Especially if the ability to run without a GUI, and just pass in a python script was added, I brought it up once and never got any response past someone else wanting it  ::) )

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 11:35:42 AM »
Thanx for the info, i have discussed few things with AGISOFT tam about the Windows perfromance and after they make some adjustments and inhouse testing they will need to test it on all platforms to be sure its working as planned.....
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Irratium

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 02:51:30 PM »
I use Windows 7 and Windows 8. My desktop computer has Windows 7 installed, and recently purchased laptop happened to have Windows 8, so I also use it on that OS.

From my experience, both installs behave identical, I have had no issues on either OS.