Forum

Author Topic: Camera Calibration Parameter Agisoft Different from Matlab  (Read 1320 times)

lyhour

• View Profile
Camera Calibration Parameter Agisoft Different from Matlab
« on: December 17, 2021, 09:34:39 AM »
Hello everyone! I have been calibrated my camera using Matlab. After that, I use the calibrated parameter from Matlab to input in Camera calibration in Agisoft. When I align the photo, it gives me the inaccurate result. I notices that the Agisoft has the camera calibration function. Therefore, I conducted it. It gives me the acceptable result after finish alignment of photo. However, the result of calibration parameter is different. I want to know why it is different of calibration ? and how Agisoft determine the calibration parameter. My camera model is industrial camera IDS with 4mm focal length. Thank you very much.

Paulo

• View Profile
Re: Camera Calibration Parameter Agisoft Different from Matlab
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 12:09:15 PM »
Hello Lyhour,

could you give an example of camera parameters obtained from Matlab calibration and example of parameters obtained from Metashape calibration. So we can compare. I am assuming you are doing a close range checker board type calibration in both cases.
Definition of different intrinsics parameters can vary between these calibration methods...

Hope to hear from you,
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor