Forum

Author Topic: Version 1.8.0 bizarre textures  (Read 3975 times)

Landy

• View Profile
Version 1.8.0 bizarre textures
« on: January 02, 2022, 08:23:43 AM »
I have just installed the new version 1.8.0 and given it a trial run.  All went well until I textured the model.  The texture is bizarre and in no way looks like the rock specimen scanned.  In the attached screengrab you will see it is as if the image has been solarized or something similar, with fine purple and green dots - the image thumbnails below the model gives you an idea of what it should be like.  I also retextured some previous models with the same odd result.  The image sources are Pentax raw (DNG) files.  Any suggestions?
cheers
Bill

OlaH

• View Profile
Re: Version 1.8.0 bizarre textures
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 03:31:30 PM »
Same issue here. Had to back to previous version

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 08:38:05 PM »
Hello Bill,

Does it happen both when GPU is enabled and disabled for Build Texture operation?

If possible, please provide any example of DNG file used as input for the problematic project.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Landy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2022, 02:26:08 AM »
Thanks for your response Alexey,
No it doesn't happen when GPU is disabled for processing - interesting!  I would never have thought of turning it off.  If it is relevant, GPU is an Nvidia RTX 3080Ti.  I just tried to attach a DNG file to this response but it wouldn't upload  - and then I read the 512 kb limit!  I have uploaded the whole photo set to onedrive - link is below.  I have also included the project file as processed in 1.8.0 with the graphics card enabled. 
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhYZan20sYhfhLYalk4eA2Ml_3ihsw?e=hD4H8l
cheers
Bill

Wizyza

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 05:07:54 AM »
Hello Alexey,

I've also experienced this same issue when creating 4K and 8K textures with the GPU enabled. However, it doesn't seem to occur when creating 16K textures.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 08:41:09 PM »
We have been able to reproduce the problem with 16bit DNG files used for GPU-based texture blending and will try to fix it in the next version update.

Wizyza, probably there's insufficient VRAM to 16K atlas blending the CPU is used instead?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Landy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 01:30:25 AM »
Thank you Alexey!  Also, I think you are correct with the VRAM.  As soon as I went above ~15K texture size, Metashape did not use the graphics card for blending (running with 12 GB VRAM).
cheers,
Bill
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 01:57:12 AM by Landy »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 05:40:41 PM »
Hello all,

The issue with GPU-based texture blending for 16-bit and 32-bit input images will be fixed in 1.8.1 update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

metaman

• View Profile
Texture looks funny when using gpu but not cpu.
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2022, 01:23:59 AM »
Hello! I'm trying to make a model of an entire room. Several tests with small numbers of images worked out fine. So now I'm using more (150) images. (maybe still not many). I divided the room up into several chunks, and went through the entire workflow. Now however, the textured model looks funny: it is entirely green (see image). I played around with some settings and found that when I turn off the gpu, the texture looks fine (second image)... So. what could be the issue here? I put all settings such that memory usage is low, for testing purpouses (2048 size texture etc). Using the gpu and standards settings usually works fine. But upto now I only used 50 images or so....

thnx

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2022, 03:08:10 AM »
Hello metaman,

Please check Metashape 1.8.1 build 13875 pre-release:
http://download.agisoft.com/metashape-pro_1_8_1_x64.msi                             Windows
http://download.agisoft.com/metashape-pro_1_8_1.dmg                                    Mac OS
http://download.agisoft.com/metashape-pro_1_8_1_amd64.tar.gz                   Linux

The issue should be fixed there.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

frmgsft

• View Profile
1.8.0 | Build diffuse texture | Incorrect colors
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2022, 06:07:10 PM »
Hello,
I got an issue with texture building on version 1.8.0 (1.7.5 does it fine with the same files)
Although vertex colors are calculated from images correctly, the diffuse texture looks green/purple (see screenshots)
I tried generating normal map and that one looks okay.

I use CR2 images.

Should/could I collect any logs to help you identify the root cause?

Best!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 06:08:51 PM by frmgsft »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 06:13:53 PM »
Hello frmgsft,

I've merged your topic with the similar thread - try to use 1.8.1 pre-release, it should resolve the problem that you are observing.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

frmgsft

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2022, 06:33:42 PM »
Thank you Alexey, 1.8.1 works fine.
Do you know the release date? The attached above is a 'professional' version and I have just the 'standard' license, so I had to activate the trial for the time being.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2022, 06:41:00 PM »
Hello frmgsft,

I think 1.8.1 would be released in a week or two, unless some severe bugs are found during that period which require urgent fixes.

Links to Standard edition are similar:
http://download.agisoft.com/metashape_1_8_1_x64.msi                             Windows
http://download.agisoft.com/metashape_1_8_1.dmg                                    Mac OS
http://download.agisoft.com/metashape_1_8_1_amd64.tar.gz                    Linux
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

frmgsft

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2022, 07:09:45 PM »
Thanks, downloading right away :)