Forum

Author Topic: Absolute path for project  (Read 1445 times)

Scott_M1993

• View Profile
Absolute path for project
« on: January 16, 2022, 03:02:20 AM »
I am using three windows computers for network processing. All project data is stored on a few solid-state network storage systems. Set absolute is checked on all nodes in UI and all node services are started with --absolute_paths for good measure. The image paths are treated as absolute, but the project file path is stripped off and replaced with a local path. This causes the node execution to fail. As I have multiple storage systems, I cannot set a root path. How do I have network processing use an absolute UNC path to the project file?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Absolute path for project
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 10:03:53 PM »
Hello Scott,

If you have project files and datasets located on different network drives, please consider mounting them though the same network "root" path: instead of having //STORAGE/ , //DATA/ and, for example, //PROJECTS/ I suggest the following:
//STORAGE/
//STORAGE/DATA/
//STORAGE/PROJECTS/
In this case you do not need to use absolute paths, instead you can keep relative paths (default) option and use //STORAGE/ as a root path, when starting the processing nodes and in the Network tab of the client machine.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Scott_M1993

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 10:21:50 PM »
It would be ideal if absolute paths would be honored in all cases if specified. We have thousands of projects in separate folders. We cannot set a mount root for each project folder. To send work to the nodes from multiple projects requires absolute paths.

Scott_M1993

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 11:19:45 PM »
The problem was solved by adding the full path to the path value in the PSX project file prior to opening and submitting for processing. The processing nodes were started with no root specified.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 04:56:06 PM »
Hello Scott,

Good to hear, that you have managed to solve the problem for your needs. But in general case for network processing it is recommended to use relative paths, as any mistake in the solution configuration may affect the project. Most likely it wouldn't be possible to mix nodes running different OS for such solution, for example.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC