Forum

Author Topic: Prioritise images taken from closest distance during texture generation  (Read 4811 times)

Mariusz_M

• View Profile
Quite often, when processing textures, I end up with some low quality patches. It happens only because Metashape chooses a more distant photograph to use in that particular spot. Could you pleas add a tickbox to texture generation box that would prioritise the closest and therefore most detailed photos. It would save a lot of manual work I need to do with disabling the farthest photos at texture generating stage.

Vladimir Denisov

• View Profile
Re: Prioritise images taken from closest distance during texture generation
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 01:17:05 PM »
My guess may not be correct, but it's worth checking.
Try setting the Capture Distance parameter in the Reference Settings window. May be program takes into account this parameter.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 06:04:42 PM »
Hello Mariusz,

Do you observe the problem in the latest 1.8.0 version (with the texture atlas being rebuilt in this version as well)? In some 1.7.x versions the texture parametrization could work incorrectly depending on the complexity of the input mesh.
You can check View Mesh UVs dialog and see if there are a lot of tiny texture atlas charts - it would mean that the problem is related to the parametrization and not to the texture blending (i.e. not to the selection of the cameras for texturing).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Mariusz_M

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 05:42:56 PM »
I had 1.8.0 very briefly. I started processing one of my bigger model and it kept crashing. Never got to the stage of texturing. So I downgraded to 1.7.6 to be able to work on it.

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
I would also like to request this and also for generating orthomosaics.

Another good thing would to be able to set priorites for groups of photos, that way you can set the close ones to high priority and further ones lower. I have landscapes where I collect some features (structures) from up close but the rest of the area is just a grid from 120 meters high, but often the 120 meter pictures get chosen for the textures and orthomosaics and I have to manually replace. Or I disable the high cameras and then get left with holes elsewhere

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
Another way to improve this would be to allow selection of a seamline polygon and change the assigned photo of that, rather than requiring drawing a new polygon

SebastianStumpf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 11:36:08 PM »
I would also like to request this and also for generating orthomosaics.

Another good thing would to be able to set priorites for groups of photos, that way you can set the close ones to high priority and further ones lower. I have landscapes where I collect some features (structures) from up close but the rest of the area is just a grid from 120 meters high, but often the 120 meter pictures get chosen for the textures and orthomosaics and I have to manually replace. Or I disable the high cameras and then get left with holes elsewhere

+1