Forum

Author Topic: Significant improval between Metashape 1.7. and Agisoft Photoscan Prof. 1.2.6.  (Read 1599 times)

Mdaemon

• View Profile
Hello,

I am using Agisoft Professional 1.2.6 2843 (64 bit) since 2016. I am satisfied with the results.
I am currently using a DJI Phantom 4 Pro (fixed shutter, 20 MP, Camera uncalibrated) for surveying purpose.
Usually flying at an altitude of 100 m (85% Front overlap, 67 % Side overlap)  I am getting an error of 0,185 (pix) and a Error of 0,027m of the GCPs.
I am using usually 15 - 30 GCPs on an area of 7 - 20 hectares, using a Trimble RTK GPS System (inkluding Glonass) for GCP Measurement.

Absolutely ok, no more accuracy needed. Ground solution is about 9,4 cm/pix; point density 113 pts/m².

Now I have tried a photogrammetry of Fotos made by DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Camera uncalibrated; The results are not well. It can depend on low number of GCPs (only 8 of them on 25 Hektares) and high number of fotos (475 #).

Best result was: 0,214 Image error; 0,077 m Total error. (using only 50 % of the pictures). Reprojection Error was 4,22 pix.

The best result of Metashape Professional 1.7.2. was total error xyz 3,71 mm (!), which is at least half of the error.
Camera Reprojection error was 7,02 Pix.

Questions:

- is the algorythm of Metashape that better than the old version of Agisoft?
- Is there any improval for analysing rolling shutter fotos?
- is ist worth spending money for an upgrade?

Regards

Martin

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Martin,

Do you check the accuracy using Check Points or just looking at the errors on Control Points?

Also please note that if you already own permanent license for PhotoScan Pro, you can use the same key to activate Metashape Pro (up to versions 1.x.x).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Mdaemon

• View Profile
Hello Alexey,

usually I use the error on the GCPs, sometimes I check also with Check points.
I will try the 1.x.x Version of Metashape.

Thanks

Martin

Mdaemon

• View Profile
Alexey,
downloaded the last version Metashape 1.8.
Unlocking not working.

Any Ideo what I have done wrong?

Regards Martin

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Martin,

Send the message to support@agisoft.com with the first section of the license key that you are using and brief information regarding the purchase (approx. date of purchase, reseller's name or online order number) and the screenshot of the observed message.

Probably the key has been used for activation in PhotoScan/Metashape v. 1.3+ on some machine and hasn't been deactivated prior to the application uninstall.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC