Forum

Author Topic: My Viewpoint won't reset to Viewpoint at 100%  (Read 2512 times)

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
My Viewpoint won't reset to Viewpoint at 100%
« on: January 23, 2022, 02:20:02 AM »
Hi ,

I need your help how to solve a problem with Reset Viewpoint on my Model View.

For some reason , I could not figure it out how to get it to reset to see the full view.

Perhaps can you tell me why ?

Please excuse me there is no audio.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dkhI_5xX2jAw42GXfGwD5Z8Rczm51mxE/view?ts=61ec8f62

Edit: February 15, 2022 , I still have not hear anything about this.  I have been working on other projects and then came back this today.   
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 05:38:47 AM by PROBERT1968 »

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
Reset Model View Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 05:15:13 PM »
Hi,

Haven't heard from you all about my issues reset viewpoint at 100%. I have provide a video to show you .

Any ideas why it doesn't reset my view at model view.  It keeps stuck at very deep view and I have to use the mouse to zoom in and our and move around to get closer view.

https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=14126.0

I suspect there might be a problem with one of my camera that is missing overlap with others when I merge three of my chunks ?

any ideas would be appreicate it.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:20:45 PM by PROBERT1968 »

CheeseAndJamSandwich

• View Profile
    • Sketchfab Models
Re: Reset Model View Issues
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 02:11:40 AM »
What i've worked out is that it's dictated by the region..  NOT the points, mesh, model, data etc...
This for me, coming from a CAD background (Zoom Extents!) is completely confusing, and caused a lot of frustration, like you're enduring.
It does reset the axis as expected, so x horizontally, y vertically, z out of the viewport towards you.  That's logical.
But to make it crazy, it ONLY resizing the viewport to the extents of the region HORIZONTALLY!  Which is all fine and dandy, until you get an ultra-wide monitor, then your points/mesh get cropped off the top and bottom for seemingly inexplicable reasons.
You can see this working if you have the region visible, and you resize/rotate it and press 0 again, and then reduce the size of the viewport by dragging over the side of the workspace window, and pressing 0 more...  Oh, and another thing, it resizes it horizontally to the orthographic projection of the region, not the perspective view.  Press 5 to switch between the, and you'll see, and then change the perspective angle, by holding ctrl and scrolling the mouse wheel, to make it more extreme, then switching/pressing 5, you see it's touching the edges/corners of the region.  THEN it makes 'sense'.

We have a few posts about this already.
It could be a lot more intuitive if it was dictated by the point cloud, mesh, model dem, etc, etc, etc...  The data...  Not the region, not the camera track, none of that stuff, just the visible date.
AND that it would zoom to the extents of this data horizontally and vertically (so in x & y)
Or at least this should be an option to behave this way.

Then it should work as expected, we reset the view, and we can see the extents of our data.

So, for now, you want to resize your region, and it'll probably start behaving as hoped.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 02:18:22 AM by CheeseAndJamSandwich »

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 05:26:50 AM »
Thank you CheeseAndJamSandwich !!!

Reason For asking is because I could not find more information on this thing so that is why I made the video...

CheeseAndJamSandwich

• View Profile
    • Sketchfab Models
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 05:49:16 AM »
Sorry, i didn't watch your video first...  As i've been frustrated by reset view myself a lot...  but yours seems to be acting even weirder!
Does changing the region affect it at all?
Are there tie points or animation tracks off out that far?

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 06:15:50 PM »
That is ok. that is why I provide the video.  I use Powerpoint to capture the  video and the use the Google to upload it with the link to post it.

I think I know why . When I merge all 3 chunks I had two the same camera that came with it.

So I have included the screenshot for you to look at.

I have since disable one of them.   I am afraid if I remove it  from the content and it would mess up the Reference (where all the markers are)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: My Viewpoint won't reset to Viewpoint at 100%
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 11:46:47 AM »
Hello PROBERT1968,

Can you share the screenshot of the Source coordinate values for all cameras and markers from the Reference pane?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 05:11:00 PM »
Do you mean all of the 3 chunks and the merge chunk ?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2022, 02:40:23 PM »
Hello PROBERT1968,

Only that chunk, where the problem with the Reset View is observed.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2022, 02:03:29 AM »
Thank you , Alexey.

Let me know what you find.