Forum

Author Topic: Colorize Dense Cloud from multispectral camera  (Read 1717 times)

GWarth

• View Profile
Colorize Dense Cloud from multispectral camera
« on: December 28, 2021, 10:02:37 PM »
Hello all,

We are working with a Micasense RedEdge dual camera and we were flying our first missions during the last weeks. Metashape processing works precisely as ever, generated and exported DSMs and orthomosaics are very satisfying. Howerever I am stuck at the dense cloud which in my case is always displayed in grayscale. The workflow presented in the linked section (https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000148780-micasense-rededge-mx-processing-workflow-including-reflectance-calibration-in-agisoft-metashape-pro) indicates that a colorized point cloud can be generated during processing. How can this be accomplished? It would be very helpful to produce meshes and colorized texture.
I use the following workflow:
  • Multi camera image import
  • Camera calibration (Reflectance panel + DLS2)
  • Alignment
  • Optimize Cameras
  • Alignment 2
  • Dense Cloud
  • DEM
  • Orthomosaic
Any help is highly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Best, GWarth

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Colorize Dense Cloud from multispectral camera
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 10:16:22 PM »
Hello GWarth,

Do you have Calculate Point Colors option enabled at step 6 of your procedure (in Build Dense Cloud dialog)?

If so, then please specify, whether you have manually switched to non-default option in the Set Primary Channel dialog or have enabled any raster transformation for the active chunk?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

GWarth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 12:13:26 PM »
Dear Alexey,

thank you for your response. I had the Calculate Point Colours option activated for building the dense cloud, but I changed the primary channel. I re-run the processing with standard settings as indicated by you and it seems to work. Is there a possibility to adapt point ckoud colors in accordance to the Set Raster Transform option? Thank you for your help.

Best, GWarth

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 12:20:26 PM »
Hello GWarth,

Once the point colors are calculated during the Build Dense Cloud stage, you can use Raster Calculator and its results will be applied to the dense cloud in the Model view. To export the transformed colors use Raster Transform (index color or index value) section in the Export Points dialog.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RLF123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 09:13:04 PM »
Hello,

I was tracking this thread and the Agisoft tutorial on reflectance calibration of the Micasense Red-Edge Camera (have reviewed the Micasense tutorials and git repository as well).

Has the Agisoft team published a technical tutorial on how the DLS 2 sensor is used for calibration within MetaShape?   The Micasense documentation that I've found is sparse, only a bit on the older DLS 1 sensor.

Thanks in advance and I apologize if this information has already been provided.