Forum

Author Topic: Georeferenced planar orthomosaic (fasade)  (Read 3960 times)

flogs

• View Profile
Re: Georeferenced planar orthomosaic (fasade)
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2022, 04:23:27 PM »
If the facade is vertical and you have 3d coordinates of two points on the facade (e.g. A and B) in the desired reference system,  it is not necessary that the two points have the same height.
I create three imaginary points:
O has Long and Lat equal to A and arbitrary Alt
X has Long and Lat equal to B and Alt like O
Y has Long and Lat equal to O and Alt greater than O
So the three points are orthogonal to each other.
Having the real coordinates of O, it is easy to give the right shift to the orthophoto, but it would be better if this was inserted directly in Metashape

Yes, you understand it correctly. And yes, it would be quicker if something of it would be implemented in Metashape. :)

Jordan Pierce

• View Profile
Re: Georeferenced planar orthomosaic (fasade)
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2023, 12:43:59 AM »
Heelo flogs,

Thanks for the explanation, now I  better understand your needs .. Yes a script could be developped so that for each 2 markers set at base of a building façade, a vertical planar projection is done with the local y set to absolute Z amsl so that each side willl have same height reference... in example a building is shown and for 2 façades (defined each by 2 markers( a relevant planar vertical projection is built. Note each planar ortho has same Z reference as seen by picking top of house and getting Z aMSL (Local Y in ortho CS) equal to 656.4 m...The model is not great so excuse he imperfections, but I think it gives you an idea,

So if you need more explanatio, please PM me,

Yes, that's it. Very common surveying task. I don't need more explation. I know what I want. And now you know what I want. :) The only question remains if it is worth for me to go for python script or maybe there can be some utilization of the software as Alexey sort of suggested (if I felt it right). I will PM you not to bother others here. Thanks very much!

UPDATE: Paulo suggested to create a paid script for this. I am not interested in that. I originally looked for an already existing solution in Metashape. It seems the software has not any right now. So I continue with tweaking it differently or I will find time to solve it myself. Thanks.

In short, for everyone who wants what I want. You have to remove markers projections and edit coordinates of 3 markers in order to create an orthomosaic. Horizontal markers has to be strictly horizontal and verical markers strictly vertical (strictly right angle between markers not required). Aftewards it works pretty well. And then in CAD you have to move the picture to desired absolute height. Not so complicated but maybe still not easy to figure out rigth away for most surveyors.

Hi Flogs, were you able to create a script for generating an orthomosaic that is georeferenced, but in a planar view?

Jordan