Forum

Author Topic: Standard Plus (i.e. Medium) version please!  (Read 3578 times)

gorenje

• View Profile
Standard Plus (i.e. Medium) version please!
« on: February 03, 2022, 04:15:21 PM »
Hi There!

TL;DR: Please provide a version between standard and professional with some additional features!

I've been playing around with the professional version and have been amazed about the extra features that make life so much simpler. Basically for my use case, the two main features are markers and filtering dense clouds. Both aren't available in the standard version.

There seems to be quite a few people who would like these extra features and people are also willing to pay for them:

- Medium version for 500Euro: https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=4254.msg21771#msg21771 (Posted: Sept 2015)
- Filter dense cloud: https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=12394.msg55171#msg55171 (July 2020)
- Markers https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=13837.msg61102#msg61102  (Oct 2021)

All three posts have one thing in common: No response from Agisoft!

I find that the discrepancy between 4000 and 200  in pricing a little harsh, I'm willing to upgrade but a factor 20 is just a little outside of my budget!

Admittedly it would be difficult to decide which features would be included in a "medium" version so perhaps being able to pay to "unlock" desired extra feature would be even nicer.

Does Agisoft have any plans for such a version? Or some kind of plugin system? Perhaps a survey of Metashape users would also shed some more light on the matter....

Cheers!

CheeseAndJamSandwich

• View Profile
    • Sketchfab Models
Re: Standard Plus (i.e. Medium) version please!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 04:30:55 PM »
+1

Though, it would be good to see a subset of the reference features feature in the Standard version, at the Standard price.
We're not mapping million dollar mine sites to cm accuracy, but we still need to position things to a degree of accuracy, and the markers can be useful for so many other things, like joining problematic alignments.

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 10:50:22 PM »
I've been learning Metashape Pro using the trial version to create georeferenced 3D models from drone photos. Only 9 days left on my trial and then I can't do it anymore! I'm modeling coastline landscapes and historic sites in Hawai'i on my own time, not commercially. Unfortunately the high price of the Pro version needed for georeferencing/GPS makes it unattainable. After my trial ends I'm going to try RealityCapture, but from what I've seen it's not as good as Agisoft

Lazar Obradovic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 04:28:43 PM »
+1

Though, it would be good to see a subset of the reference features feature in the Standard version, at the Standard price.
We're not mapping million dollar mine sites to cm accuracy, but we still need to position things to a degree of accuracy, and the markers can be useful for so many other things, like joining problematic alignments.

+1 

Markers are the only thing I need on top of Standard version and I'm not quite willing to cash out 20x more money for that single feature.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 08:48:18 PM »
If you need to use Professional edition functionality for the limited time, you may consider using SaaS service, such as GeoCloud.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 09:33:29 PM »
If you need to use Professional edition functionality for the limited time, you may consider using SaaS service, such as GeoCloud.

I think that's impractical for most people because you'd have to upload your data and most don't have symmetrical broadband that lets us upload quickly. I bet the cost rises pretty quick too! I have an old workstation that I upgraded with cheap parts from eBay that can do this kind of processing really well, I just need an affordable license. I think the company benefits from more people knowing about the advanced georeferencing features because we would all be potential customers if we end up doing this professionally, plus free advertising. Currently 3D modeling isn't part of my job, but I've been showing my results to people like our county archaeologist and local conservation organizations, and they're excited by it. But I always have to caveat it with "But I'm going to have to switch to Reality Capture". In 2 days that's what I'll be using and that's what my colleagues will be seeing my projects from

DayGeckoArt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 09:21:10 AM »
I was able to get an educational license by doing free modeling for the university! But I still think a cheaper "plus" version would be good