Forum

Author Topic: Metashape stops when Mac sleeps  (Read 1704 times)

bgreenstone

• View Profile
Metashape stops when Mac sleeps
« on: December 18, 2021, 06:48:16 PM »
A problem I have with 1.7.3 (the version I use most of the time) is that the application doesn't prevent the Mac from going to sleep while Metashape is working.  So, if I run a Batch and leave the room I often come back to find my Mac asleep.  When I wake it I see that Metashape has stopped where it was when the Mac dozed off (usually after 15 minutes since that's what I have it set to in System Settings).  Metashape then continues once the Mac is awake. 

This can be prevented with a single like of code:

UpdateSystemActivity(OverallAct);

I don't know if the later versions of Metashape already do this, but if not, that line of code needs to be called every ~30 seconds from a NSTimer function.  This will prevent the Mac from going to sleep while Metashape is working.

bgreenstone

• View Profile
Re: Metashape stops when Mac sleeps
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 11:22:40 PM »
This issue is still driving me crazy.  I cannot leave the room for long while Metashape is working because if my Mac goes to sleep it stops Metashape.  So, what should have been a 40 minutes process ends up taking hours because it only continues when I wake the Mac back up

As previously mentioned, there's a simple way for the application to prevent the Mac from auto-sleeping while Metashape is still working.