Forum

Author Topic: basic CAD navigation needed as most annoying to use  (Read 969 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
basic CAD navigation needed as most annoying to use
« on: February 28, 2022, 01:20:37 AM »
Hi,
whilst mewtashape has rotate region, move region etc, that works

and rotate model, move it etc, that works.
once one has aligned the model to grid, and the region to the model, there is NO EASY WAY TO ROTATE THE ENTIRE SCENE.
If I use right mouse button and drag down my mouse matt, 1inch on matt normally will take cursor entire height of monitor , or in Rhino get me from side view to looking down onto the model. metashape doing so sees a few degrees of movement, will take many to get above it.

Am I missing something ? where is the swinging atomic icon for quick swirling around over around and under the model ?

Now get this, with grid as a grey line across screen, i do a max mat move, and I gave gained 10 degree, I do again, now 20deg but its gone off bott of screen, I scroll out to see it AND AS I DO SO THE 20 DEG IS DIMINISHING TO BECOME 3 degs, so all height has been lost with scrolling out. In CAD zooming in and out does not reduce any height gained !

ZOOMING OUT SHOULD NOT REDUCE ALTITUDE !

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET ABOVE IT AT ALL. hit reset view and I am above, then start the attempt to move around the scene again.

The grid is sort of hinged over in the background it seems.

we are using CAD then we come to metashape and  blimey its like wading through molasses !

Steve