Forum

Author Topic: Improving Measuring tool  (Read 2227 times)

flogs

• View Profile
Improving Measuring tool
« on: March 01, 2022, 01:23:19 PM »
Hi,

I am quite used to (from other software) functions concering the measuring tool which are missing in Metashape. I would like to measure not only direct slope distance between two points, but also distances in horizontal and vertical planes between the same two points. It is a very handy function.

E.g. a windows has some artefact below and above but still you can find points which are fine. But they are not above each other. You want to click somewhere below and somewere above the window (points not vertically one above the other) but you still can get a correct height of the window.

It does not seem support is frequently solving threads and user's impulses here in this section of the forum but still I am trying here rather than in General section. :)

Thanks, Filip

pedram55

• View Profile
Re: Improving Measuring tool
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 07:49:10 AM »
Please add cross section feature to software to extract cross section and profile from surface .

flogs

• View Profile
Re: Improving Measuring tool
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 12:40:09 PM »
With the measurement tool, something  more is related. When I have 360°° photos, it is hard (slower) to orientate with the distorted photo. I would suggest to implement a viewer of 360°° photo such as in Trimble Scan Explorer Viewer - see attachment. There you can move the view (frame) around 360° photo and measure on it.