Forum

Author Topic: Missing Hemisphere Feature  (Read 7318 times)

Andy Drew

• View Profile
Missing Hemisphere Feature
« on: February 14, 2022, 01:10:00 AM »
Hello all,

I have been trying to scan in a buoy for a research project using Agisoft Metashape. I took two sets of pictures and am processing them in different chunks. The top half of the buoy has good features, and scans in fine. Then, I inverted the buoy and photographed the bottom of the buoy (which is now facing upward). When a point cloud is generated, the buoy is almost completely missing. The hemispherical shape and related features are completely missing.

After having this problem for the first time, I retook all of the photos and added markers around the model. These markers came in fine, but the bottom of the buoy is still missing. I am using a high quality camera and a fair amount of photos (54, I think).

Any thoughts? I've included pictures of the actual buoy bottom as well as the terribly inaccurate dense point cloud.
In the end, I need to use this to create a surrogate buoy, so the cleaner the model the better.

c-r-o-n-o-s

• View Profile
Re: Missing Hemisphere Feature
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 12:34:21 AM »
This is one of the worst objects you can choose.
It is reflective and "contourless". If it's just about the shape, spray or "sprinkle" the whole thing with a matte paint.