Forum

Author Topic: Real time reconstruction with Metashape  (Read 1252 times)

ttsesm

• View Profile
Real time reconstruction with Metashape
« on: March 07, 2022, 12:14:10 PM »
Hi guys,

Is it possible to take advantage of a multi-gpu system for achieving real time processing or at least speeding up the 3d reconstruction pipeline? Looking around I didn't find any reference and I would be curious to know the possibilities.

Thanks.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Real time reconstruction with Metashape
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 05:46:17 PM »
Hello ttsesm,

Metashape was not designed for real-time calculations, so even with high-end multi-GPU system it wouldn't be possible to perform complete processing workflow in real time.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

johnnokomis

• View Profile
Re: Real time reconstruction with Metashape
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 03:13:07 AM »
I'm guessing one thing stopping a real-time calculation is how Metashape calibrates the camera during the first alignment step? So what if you used a fixed camera calibration that was determined previously? I've been very interested in the theory of real-time mapping. DJI Terra did this on the P4 but has kept this feature from the Mavic 3 Enterprise. I've even seen recently that some UAV LiDAR payloads have started to offer real-time geocoding. Is adding any type of real-time processing on the future road map for Metashape possibly? It would be an amazing tool for checking data while in the field.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 06:55:42 PM by johnnokomis »