Forum

Author Topic: Trouble Activating Metashape this Morning?  (Read 4183 times)

Joe Adams

• UAS for Science
    • View Profile
    • USGS NUSO
Trouble Activating Metashape this Morning?
« on: March 07, 2022, 07:38:50 PM »
Agisoft Community:

This morning when trying to activate Metashape with either 30-day trial or a demo license provided, we are receiving "Unexpected error occurred."

We are hosting a class this morning and I have several people around the US (five so far) receiving the same error.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Joe
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 08:15:26 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Joe Adams
UAS Operator
USGS National Uncrewed Systems Office
Denver, Colorado

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: Trouble Activating Metashape this Morning?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 07:46:40 PM »
They are trying to fix the issue:
https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=14283.0

Mak

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 07:48:58 PM »
Hello Joe,

As I have mentioned in the similar thread just a minute ago (https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=14283.0), we are aware of the issue and are trying to resolve it as soon as possible.

If this thread is read by other users, observing similar activation/deactivation issues today, I propose the following solution:

1. For trial licenses - please just send a message to support@agisoft.com, requesting a trial license. Having the word "Trial" in the message header will be helpful.

2. For the issues with the permanent license activation or deactivation, please send a message to support@agisoft.com naming the first section of the license key (or keys) that you have problems with. Both for stand-alone and floating licenses.

3. For the issues with the global floating license servers, please send primary and failover .lic files to support@agisoft.com.

In every case we will suggest a solution. Hopefully the issue will be resolved in the next couple of hours and we will reply to all the messages, regarding the activation issues.

P.S. I kindly ask everyone to be patient and not to raise multiple helpdesk tickets on the same issue.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

freetec1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 05:29:44 PM »
Hello,

is there an update on the current status of the activation server?

We canĀ“t activate our licenses right now. Is this a temporary issue and will be fixed soon or do we need to contact the support regarding this issue?

Kind regards

Aaslestad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 05:51:55 PM »
I too  am waiting for resolution for activating my software. I've heard from from support once but not heard back (having sent my request.act file) and my deadlines are starting to crash together!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 07:28:35 PM »
Hello everyone,

The issue is still not resolved and at the moment all activation/deactivation operations can be completed only via the offline activation requests (including the floating license activation).

If we are not able to fix the problem in the next couple of days, we will publish an announcement on our web-site regarding the current situation and temporary solution that would allow to continue using Metashape in licensed mode without cumbersome offline request generation procedure.

P.S. The offline activation requests are being processed manually, so it could take some time, depending on the number of such requests, but we are focusing on this type of incoming tickets now.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 07:29:15 PM »
Hello freetec1,

If you haven't yet sent an offline activation request to support@agisoft.com, please generate such file from the machine, where the license should be used and send it to us.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 09:20:42 PM »
Update: we have published an announcement related to the activation server issues:
https://agisoft.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000164657-agisoft-metashape-pro-license-file-till-august-31-2022
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2022, 04:32:26 PM »
Currently the license activation server is working normally again, so regular license activation procedure is possible.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC